Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Melonies on fire.

Great to hear the kokes are back in force . I'm headed there on Wednesday. Could you see schools on your electronics? About how deep where they? I will post how I do Wednesday. Fish on!

2. Likes kokguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T K View Post
    Thanks for the report. So they must have started planting agin. Since the drought years my two favorite lakes (Melones and Berryessa) were dead. Happy to hear they are making a comeback!
    Melones has a natural reproducing population, but many of these fish were panted 2 and 3 years ago for a total of 110,000 fish. 55k/year. Don Pedro is fishing just as good for the kokes too. Great to see them in numbers again. Even when people said they were gone I always managed a few each year.

I wish they'd plant kings in NM, historically it was a huge spawning area before the dams.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. So they must have started planting agin. Since the drought years my two favorite lakes (Melones and Berryessa) were dead. Happy to hear they are making a comeback!
    Trout King

Post Thanks / Like

New Melonies on fire.

This lake is starting to give it up I fished on Thursday and got two limits by 11:30 started at 7am. Pink was the color and Garlic and bloody tuna were the scents. Bite was fast and furious. Out front of the spillway souht end.20190509_162018.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123