Thread: Alpine access?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alpine access?

OK, I asked the folks at Ebbetts Pass Sporting Goods if lake Alpine might be icing out in the next couple of weeks. The answer was "It should be icing out in the next couple of months!! There is ten feet of snow on the lake right now!"

So, depending on weather, it might not be fishable until the end of June or even into July.

Thanks again to Waterdog, gbslade, and RideNFish for the information!

2. Likes burninfuel, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You could maybe get to the lake. I just don't know the ice conditions. The Hwy 4 report says it is closed on the "east" end of the lake. So coming from the valley you could get to it.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads....&submit=Search

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gbslade View Post
    Ebbett’s Pass is not open. As of this AM report, they are clearing towards Mosquito Lake from the west and have nearly reached Kinney Reservoir from the east.
    Thank you for the correction! I was obviously too hasty in reading the search results on Ebbetts Pass opening. Wishful thinking bites me again!

Post Thanks / Like

Ebbett’s Pass is not open. As of this AM report, they are clearing towards Mosquito Lake from the west and have nearly reached Kinney Reservoir from the east.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Waterdog. Folks on these boards never let me down. I do appreciate the information!

7. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t been up there yet this year but for information on all the lakes and streams up in that area you can call Elbert’s Pass Sporting Goods. They can give you all the info. you need from the conditions of the water to what the fish are biting on. Good people, good store.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Alpine access?

I Know that Ebbetts Pass (Hwy 4) is open. Anyone out in Fish Sniffer land have a report on access to Lake Alpine?

10. Likes Waterdog liked this post