Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stockerfest 2019

I know that bridge.!! Im planning a trip to the Walker the first week of July. Will probably be a little busy with the holiday weekend. Will start at the bridge and work my way down river and stop for a burger in Walker on my way back to Gardnerville.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stockerfest 2019

Upper Blue is closed for dam repairs. Closed all summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stockerfest 2019

Stockerfest is where we celebrate the efforts of state and local fish stocking operations that keep our lakes and streams filled with fish. As usual Stockerfest is the week before Memorial Day weekend. This year my participation will be limited due to eye surgery scheduled for 5/21. For those of you who find yourselves in Alpine County May 20 - 24 There should be good fishing. Although the rivers are high Alpine County will stock bonus trout on the West Carson in the slower areas in Hope Velley. Some of these trout will have $25, $50, $75 tags. Another good place to fish would be ICR. There is a CDFW stock scheduled the week of the 12th and there may be some County trout around as well. The Campground and day use area are open. Red and Caples lakes may be at or near ice out. There will be no access to Blue Lakes due to snow. Come up and fish. Report if you do.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12