Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Late report Burney Area 4/30/19 to 5/5/19

Love it!

Ill be up that way in the fall...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Great reports, and very nice pictures! Thank you for letting us in on your 30 year family tradition.

3. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad and my cousin always like to hit up Baum Lake. I have never done that well there but my dad and my cousin always seemed to get fish there. This is my cousin who caught this beauty on a fly and bubble combo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bub1931; 05-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    Sincerely,

Andy "Bub" Simmons

" I Love the smell of Powerbait in the morning"

5. Likes Paintguy, hooks, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Late report Burney Area 4/30/19 to 5/5/19

Hello All,

Made our yearly Trout fishing trip up to the Burney Falls Area. While up here normally stay in these PGE cabins located above Lake Britton. Been coming up here for over 30 years, and each year I cannot wait to spend quality time fishing and chatting with my father, uncle and cousins.

We fished 5 days out at Big Lake, out of McCarthur (Past Fall River Mills Ca). Its beautiful lake where parts of it are spring fed, and water is crystal clear. On good days (Like every day we went) you can see Mt Shasta. This lake your only allowed to keep 2 trout versus other lake for trout you can keep 5. We are fine with that, as the trout and area is beautiful.

We got limits of fish 4 of the 5 days we fished. The one days we didn't get limits, we still got 4 nice trout. We got a couple nice fighting large mouth bass that we got trolling, but released. We could have gotten limits but we were tossing back some smaller trout.

Largest trout of the trip were two beautiful trout that was at 19" and 20" both caught trolling red and gold spoons with Garlic scent. The 20" trout i caught initially hit hard, and peeled out line, but then just smam at the boat like it gave up without a fight. Only to get near the boat and all hell broke loose.

We brought home 26 rainbows, all with pink salmon colored meat. One of the best trip I have ever gone on in all these years. Cant wait to get back next year.

Will upload photos soon.

Last edited by bub1931; 05-13-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Sincerely,

Andy "Bub" Simmons

" I Love the smell of Powerbait in the morning"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12