Post Thanks / Like

Re: Terrova issues. Thoughts on what it could be?

Hello: Check your owners manual and make sure your get the correct "Brand" remote battery, if you use the wrong "brand" it will cause problems. It seems weird, but I changed battery with the wrong brand and my remote started doing all kinds of weird stuff. The remote inner contacts are "thin film type" and the buttons used most can just wear out, they will start with a bad contact and you have to push hard and hold down. Start with a new battery, then the remote itself. Also, you can try to do a factory reset by using the "learn" button, sometimes if the unit has been in storage for a long time it will loose some commands; refer to the owners manual. Good luck
    Hercules

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassn916 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Will need to check that as well. The rabbit button is definitely glazed looking from the amount Iíd use and from of crap moments.

Itís probably a good idea to get a new remote as a backup as well. Just need to make sure motor isnít toast.
    My replacement controller is about $90 and I do have a spare, maybe that might be a direction to go. I have used marine silicone to seal around the buttons from the inside, it works for a while but mostly the controller is just worn out. Remember "BOAT" Bring Out Another Thousand...Ö.Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    It could be worn contacts in the remote itself depending on cycle use. I have problems with my manual Panther remote control, but I have some remotes around the house that have bad battery contacts, or even internal switches that get dust ridden and just do not work well unless I take a Q tip with alcohol to clean them...Ö.Jetspray
    Thanks for the tip. Will need to check that as well. The rabbit button is definitely glazed looking from the amount Iíd use and from of crap moments.

Itís probably a good idea to get a new remote as a backup as well. Just need to make sure motor isnít toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No not yet. Had to have oral surgery today so it will have to wait until the weekend. I also realized that I have relatively new deep cycles on my trailer collecting dust that I can try before buying new batteries. May need to take a local trip to Folsom to test it out.

It could be worn contacts in the remote itself depending on cycle use. I have problems with my manual Panther remote control, but I have some remotes around the house that have bad battery contacts, or even internal switches that get dust ridden and just do not work well unless I take a Q tip with alcohol to clean them...Ö.Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

No not yet. Had to have oral surgery today so it will have to wait until the weekend. I also realized that I have relatively new deep cycles on my trailer collecting dust that I can try before buying new batteries. May need to take a local trip to Folsom to test it out.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I replaced the battery prior to my last trip and there was no difference. However I I did use my back up, so it was new but a couple years old. There were no issues turning which makes me feel like thereís no trouble communicating.

I had some guests with me and was disgusted at having to pack up and leave early. I wish I would have tested with the foot pedal.

Thank for the input. If thereís any troubleshooting tips out their I wound appreciate it. No fishing this weekend but need this resolved by next weekend :(

Did you get your main batteries tested?

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I replaced the battery prior to my last trip and there was no difference. However I I did use my back up, so it was new but a couple years old. There were no issues turning which makes me feel like thereís no trouble communicating.

I had some guests with me and was disgusted at having to pack up and leave early. I wish I would have tested with the foot pedal.

Thank for the input. If thereís any troubleshooting tips out their I wound appreciate it. No fishing this weekend but need this resolved by next weekend :(

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Every hiccup Iíve had with mine was solved with a new remote battery. Donít know that itís your problem but cheap trouble shooting option.
    I second this statement. Good luck!

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Every hiccup Iíve had with mine was solved with a new remote battery. Donít know that itís your problem but cheap trouble shooting option.

Hope you get it figured out.

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrova issues. Thoughts on what it could be?

When Iím drifting the Delta with the tide I set it at a low speed 1 or 2 to keep my on track. I then pulse the rabbit button to get a burst of speed 10 of 10 to steer me back on course if I start to flounder. Two weekends ago at the end of my trip I noticed that when I press the rabbit button it wouldnít react. I would press it again and again and sometimes it would react. Last trip it did the same thing but early on and I quickly learned that if if I turn left or right i would get that burst of power. No issues turning so I know itís not the remote. Im not sure if turning wakes it up or gives the prop a jolt that allows it turn. I also notice that its humming or noisier that it use to be. I also canít get it to speed by manually upping the speed. My trip was cut short last weekend wish sucked. I had to jump on my main motor before I hit the shore

Iím crossing my fingers that my 6+ year old AGM batteries are to blame but Iíve only used it sadly 3-4 times a year. I just havent been fishing much. However it charges right up each time with my Dual charger in a few hours which is strangely a short amount of time. When I use to fish kokes at 2-5 power I know Iím draining it down but for stripers Iím basically drifting and steering with pulses. I donít think Iím draining them down thus the short charge time. Iím going to have to pull my batteries and get them checked out but until then, any thoughts of what this could be?

Last edited by bassn916; 05-15-2019 at 06:29 PM.

18. Likes Jetspray liked this post