Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: REPEAL the STRIPED BASS POLICY from 1996 - Here We Go Again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seebass View Post
    This weekend would be a great weekend to get the petition sighed and bring up all the signed up to the meeting. need to get some people together. If I can get the wife to do a form I will try and get some done like at sportsman warehouse walmart etc. If anybody can help ,we have 3 weeks. robertsteele1@yahoo.com. They do the meetings like that knowing full well people can't make the meeting, not surprised they are not doing one down south or are they? Did the same for the Truckee river to make it a catch and release ONLY!
    Yes, they did have a meeting up in Redding but CDFG just had a meeting in Sacramento 8/7/19. Some written parts are listed in a link in the post below mine. And they are kicking the can down the road to a meeting in Sacramento 12/11/19 [delayed vote] so people in Sacramento and nearby can attend and speak up to the commission. The question is, if they do listen or if it matters, hopefully it does. If you were someone that couldn't make it, if you're interested, I have the link to the video below. It's an 8 hour video of all the agendas. BUT I have it broken down so you can scroll the 'time bar' to skip all other agendas. Repeal the Striped Bass Policy 1996 agenda part is..Item #11--Delta Fisheries Managemnt Policy--50 min...Skip to the 1:44:30 seconds mark. Starts with a 4 minute opening, then 3 speakers with 5 min. speeches. At 2:05:30..there's 18-1 min. speeches to 2:26:30. Then 3 final speeches by CDFW Director Bonham and 2 others, it ends at 2:35

http://videobookcase.org/fishandgame...2019_08_07.mp4
    Last edited by Mark1; 08-18-2019 at 04:24 PM.

2. Likes dsa2780 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My man and I both signed the petition. It only took a minute to do it, I feel it is important for anyone who enjoys fishing for the few stripers still out there to take a minute and sign it, too many of us think that its not going to make a difference but we have to at least sign the petition, even if we cant go up to Redding june 12th. Come on everybody, if we all make an effort to be noticed, it will be worth it, hopefully. I dont want to see the striper population decrease anymore. In the last ten years it has gotten harder and harder to catch a decent sized striper, if they allow more than the current limit or reduce the minimum size, it will make me happy in the short term cuz I will have a better chance to keep a fish; however, ten minutes later I will feel guilty. We should be convincing the govt to help increase the population- they say striper are non-native to California but they were brought here well over 100 years ago, that makes them pretty grounded here in my opinion....just had to put in my 2 cents worth.

5. Likes TBSP, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nayr View Post
    Signed the posted petition
    and signed.
    I'm lovin' it! Bill.

SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

YOU NEED ALL RESEDENT LICENSE HOLDERS, to stop being sheep and VOTE those suckers OUT!!!!

8. Likes one more cast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed the posted petition

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend would be a great weekend to get the petition sighed and bring up all the signed up to the meeting. need to get some people together. If I can get the wife to do a form I will try and get some done like at sportsman warehouse walmart etc. If anybody can help ,we have 3 weeks. robertsteele1@yahoo.com. They do the meetings like that knowing full well people can't make the meeting, not surprised they are not doing one down south or are they? Did the same for the Truckee river to make it a catch and release ONLY!

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you cannot make it to the meeting here is a link to a petition you can sign in support of defeating this movement

https://ncgasa.org/striper-petition/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Likes nayr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

back in the 70 and early 80's we had around 1.7 millon salmon in the river system along with 1.5 millon stripers Thats long before they started sending all the water down south. Now we have a bunch of non-sportsman setting the the commission calling all the shots all hand picked by the Gov. So this is what you get. I will tell all my friends and let them know about the meeting. Strange they are having it in Redding not much striper fishing up there. Hope all the guides know about this. Guess they do not want a repeat of the last meeting that had in Sacramento when they tried this before.

14. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When the fish are gone, they can do with they want with our water, without opposition.

Hundreds of square miles of almond and walnut orchards going in everywhere, going to need a lot of water in the coming years.

16. Likes CatchMo, redneckpunk, Spinner liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast