Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surf Fishing at Dillon Beach / Lawson's Landing / Tomales Bay

I fished on Friday and Saturday. Caught one small perch, and had a few bites. The sun was out both days, so that was good. I found a good trough, then went North towards the rocks, but that had too much seaweed floating around. Every cast quickly brought in two or three wads of seaweed. So, I moved back to the trough and worked that the rest of the day. I was doing some experimentation between a Diawa SM Minnow, Berkley Gulp Sandworms, anchovies, and ended up with sand crabs. The sand crabs worked the best. After I came up on Saturday, I was able to monitor the other guys (our house has a good view of the beach), and saw one bring in a nice striper. All-in-all, it was a slow day...but the worst day fishing is still better than your best day at work! :)

Post Thanks / Like

how'd you make out this weekend? The weather today was really nice, hopefully you had some lines in the water :)

Post Thanks / Like

In the flats in the bay you might find luck on some butts, also I've had some accidentally luck just north of that area with stripers in the surf, if you find a trough dillions you might have some luck. Also Incase your inclined, this is the last month of open Dungeness season if you're into crab.
    Last edited by Markj2k4; 05-27-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: correction

Post Thanks / Like

Surf Fishing at Dillon Beach / Lawson's Landing / Tomales Bay

Hi - I'm going to Dillon Beach this coming weekend (Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-27), and am looking for the best place to fish for stripers from shore. Last trip, I caught a bunch of surf perch right off Dillon Beach, but want to try for bigger game this time. Thanks - Steve