Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dodger for Kokes

Tastes Great!!!!!! Less Filling!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like all of Vance’s tackle including his spiral wrap rods but my go to when trolling slow for Kokes is a Seps sidekick. For me they are killer.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

You know I thought there was a lot of hype surrounding the Paulina Peak Tackle. Well let me say I decided to order a bunch of their gear. Their dodgers are my new favorites. The are a bit thinner and lighter than the old school seps and sling blades with great action. I've not had them roll on me. I've tried other local kokanee tackle, ordered some dodgers from Affordable tackle and they were far too heavy and thick for my liking. Also have some arrow flash dodgers from up north, they are ok, but you can bet I'll be running PP dodgers on my rods after having great success with them lately.

4. Likes dirtyjoesmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For Kokanee I have used Vance, Sep's, Luhr Jensen, Shasta, Rocky Mt, Dick Nite and other dodgers
    from the standard 4/0 size up to the larger 2/0 size, for when I have to go extra deep.

Best way to get the most from a dodger is to check it's action at the boat and log is low to maximum speed.
    As mentioned, do to materials and bends they all have their own style of kick and action before going to the dark side.

"Color of the Day", or Hour can be a trying thing but lots of hours on the water and a radio can some times get
    it dialed in a little quicker.
    As can trying different styles on one side of the boat vs the other to cut down the numbers of items to use.

Lots of parts to the puzzle, to put together, but oh so much fun when it comes together.

Great video.............
    Tight lines.

6. Likes AnglingWes, dirtyjoesmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting and informative information Cal. I’ll definitely have to do some more experimenting on my next trip, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I change the leader length often to see what they like. I usually start around 2.5x the dodger length (14-16”). Sometimes they are very active and shorter leaders down to 9” will put a lot more action on the lure. Sometimes they like a subtle action, so I’ll increase the leader up to 24-30”. That’s when the Paulina dodgers just roll. They need a little drag from the lure to stay true.

9. Likes dirtyjoesmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That hasn’t been my experience. 1-1.5mph seems to be the sweet spot for the Peak Performers, but I do tend to run a fairly short leader for Kokanee.
    How long of a leader do you like to run Cal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjoesmith View Post
    Cal needs to check out Paulina Peak Tackle, their Peak Performer dodger designs are far superior to the old school “skateboard” style Vance’s dodgers.

I have several of the Paulina Dodgers and find that they tend to roll more often when trolling over 1.2-1.3 and with longer leaders

Post Thanks / Like

Dodger for Kokes

Cal, check out Paulina Peak Tackle, their Peak Performer dodger designs are far superior to the old school “skateboard” style Vance’s dodgers.

Last edited by dirtyjoesmith; 05-24-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodger for Kokes