Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Kayak Fishing Pyramid For Trout

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post

Makes a lot of sense buying permits at the ranger station or Crosby's because you can see the lake conditions before you buy. You may decide not to fish from your yak.

You can also buy them online before you leave. You can always fish from shore.

https://plpt.nagfa.net/online/

Regs

http://plpt.nsn.us/rangers/2018Regs.pdf

You hit the nail on the head Don, as to why I always mention Crosby's. If you are to drive all the way there you may not like what you see and want to change tactics and maybe give the shore a try. Because the store is so well stocked with stuff to use you can re-supply or get something that might work. Thanks for posting that....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kayak Fishing Pyramid For Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    There are many posts on those types of fishing at Pyramid. My only suggestion is to look at the local weather before you attempt it with a yak. The lake is prone to bad winds at times, especially now. Also when you do come try to pick up your tribal permits at Crosby's in Suttcliffe before you venture out, you will have to purchase those before you put your yak in the water and you have to follow all of the rules set by the tribe. California and Nevada lic's do not apply there, you are on a reservation....Jetspray

Makes a lot of sense buying permits at the ranger station or Crosby's because you can see the lake conditions before you buy. You may decide not to fish from your yak.

You can also buy them online before you leave. You can always fish from shore.

https://plpt.nagfa.net/online/

Regs

http://plpt.nsn.us/rangers/2018Regs.pdf

Catch ya later ... hooks

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Kayak Fishing Pyramid For Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Sacfisher321 View Post
    Thank you! Haha
    If you have a portable radio use channel 69 for FishSniffer's on the water there. Take care and be safe. I have helped boaters on the water when I was there one of them was on a float tube, he got blown in to deep water and was struggling to get back......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post

Calling all yakers....Calling all yakers.......iln143 come back

Thank you! Haha

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iln143 View Post
    If you need shorter paddle distances let me know and I will sugest 2 othe locations. Those are just my favorires. Right now Dego is muddy from the rain and heavy flow of the Truckee so I am waiting until the last week of the season to go back.....just my 2 cents.

Well all of what you have shared pretty much breaks it down for me! Thank you very very much and i will for sure post here when and where i am headed out!! Also thank you Jetspray and fish_junky for the info aswell, awesome pictures of the yaks and fish!!! I have a wilderness system pungo 120 i mounted my stuff on, nothing too special but it gets me fish!

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you need shorter paddle distances let me know and I will sugest 2 othe locations. Those are just my favorires. Right now Dego is muddy from the rain and heavy flow of the Truckee so I am waiting until the last week of the season to go back.....just my 2 cents.
    2007 Crestliner 15 Canadian Mercury 25 4 stroke electric troller & Hobbie Pro Angler 14 ......Fish beware!!

10. Likes Jetspray, hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as fishing locations my 2 favorites are the North and South ends. Launch at 9 mile and fish South back and forth to Warriors point even over to Shot Dog a 6 mile round trip or Head North fish The Willows to Monument and back about 8.5 mile round trip. At the South end launch at Popcorn fish to Dego Bay and back about 6.5 miles or fish the shorline to Blockhouse. I prefer Dego.

I fish in 18 to 50 deep water back and forth over drop offs running my lines 100 to 130 feet behind the yak.
    2007 Crestliner 15 Canadian Mercury 25 4 stroke electric troller & Hobbie Pro Angler 14 ......Fish beware!!

12. Likes Jetspray, hooks, robdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to fish Pyramid 2 times a week. Once in my kayak and once in my boat even in the winter. I have a P.A. 14 yak. I troll with my kayak an cover 6 to 10 miles in a day. I was out with Don and Bill Friday in the yak and landed 24 with 2 over 24 inches in 5 hours of fishing.
    My yak is rigged with 2 rod holders for trolling. A fish finder and gps. No need for a downrigger. I fish inline weights 1/2 to 2 ounces. Trolling speeds are 1.7 to 2.2 mph. I fish lighter lines on the yak. 8 to 12 pound test. Always floral carbon leader in the same weight.
    Let me know when you are coming out. I would be happy to meet you and show you what I do. I only live 25 minuets from the mid.

14. Likes Jetspray, hooks, nayr, Trickytrucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Kevin, click the forecast tab, then marine. Yes those yaks are beauties. As far as the site you need only copy and paste to your browser. Seems the highlighted connection kind of went away......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

I have kayak fished Pyramid several times. Me and Kokoloco actually brought our kayaks and used them at the last Pyramid Fest along with the Fresh N Salty kayak guys from Facebook. Depending on weather you can launch your yak pretty much anywhere. The last couple times we launched at Warrior pt and did well. It's very hard to predict the weather at Pyramid lake. Most of the time it's a gamble coming all the way from Sacramento. I think my most trusted site for weather though is NOAA point and click marine.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-119.58025110729912&lat=40.06418050709922#.XOoGd3dF xMs

2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

17. Likes Jetspray, robdog, MtnFisher liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast