Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harley hauler completed,,, pic heavy

a few more
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

late report,,,,Did our trip that I built the cargo trailer for, left the first of Augest, rode the Harley over 300 miles around Zion and Bryce. If you have never been there, GO! it's amazing country. Our trip ended up being a 6 State loop, Nv, Az, Ut, Id, Mt, Ore. Went as far north as the Bitterroot Mts. in Mt. to visit my buddy. Followed and camped along the Snake and Salmond River thru Id, absolutely gorgeous. We didn't plan for any fishing this trip, didn't know how long we would be in any one spot to justify a nonresi lic's x 2. So cool to just pull over without a campground reservation where ever we liked and pick a spot along the river, nothing like here in kookafornia. We are loving the flexibility and towing options, Boat, Harley, or the jeep,, with our Truck camper, a 992 Artic Fox with a full wall slide, perfect base for the two of us and the pup. I'll let the pics describe the awesomeness of the Western US,,,

4. Likes GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brokea--boater View Post
    And the rest,,,,
    Wow. You do very nice work. Like others have said, that trailer looks as good as anything sold from a trailer manufacturer and from your description I'm guessing it will last/hold up better and longer than they do. Awesome trailer.

Jerry

6. Likes brokea--boater liked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual, excellent work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes brokea--boater liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful workmanship there Gregg, that looks better than most factory built trailers.

10. Likes brokea--boater liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And the rest,,,,

12. Likes zipperman, Datster_2000, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Harley hauler completed,,, pic heavy

Hey sniffers it's been awhile since I been here. Have not fished to much so far this year but have been busy on many fronts. I had this box trailer rotting away in the back of the property. Dragged it out and started cutting away all the bad, ended up with a hitch/drawbar and the axle. The plan was to have a small enclosed trailer to haul the bike behind the camper when we don't tow a boat. Last summer Lisa and I did a few Trout fishing trips in the Sierras and having the bike would of been awesome to explore some areas for future trips, plus we had a trip to Zion planned to ride all those awesome canyons Took about 5 weeks to get it done.,,,,,,,,,,,,
    5x8' and it's 7' tall, yea its tall but perfect for adding some overhead storage, a rack for a chainsaw and gas, a rod rack down the center and still be able to stand up in it. Most of its trips will towing behind the camper, so I'm not concerned with wind drag. It's a solid trailer, so much so I can jump up and down on the roof, the thinking is that if we do get a couple Kayaks, I'll have a solid base to add a rack on top. All new Alloy rims, tires, leaf springs and hangers, Aluminum fenders, Clear LED lights, coil springs and a 300lb gas strut to aid lifting the ramp, rubber diamond plate pattern floor and ramp, heavy duty front wheel catch for the bike, and rear landing gear to be able to load the bike with out being hooked up to a hitch. I used MDO 1/2" plywood, its has a waterproof fiber/resin on one side, so when its painted it doesn't look like painted wood, its also called sign board. This going to be a handy little trailer to have on hand. Unfortunately we had to postpone our trip to Zion and Bryce National Parks and will cross it of the bucket list soon,,,gregg

14. Likes zipperman, Paintguy, LineStretcher liked this post