Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Walker

Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    But where does it happen MOST!!!
    I have a sticker it say's "I don't care how they do it in California". I have done my best since I escaped that state in 2006 to live here in Nevada with my family and their families...Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: East Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    On the East Carson with 4 dude's that hop out of a truck with beer cans falling out and has Nevada plates.
    I have seen them snag fish, net fish with no pole, and have their damned dog attack you while you are trying to land a fish or set anything up to fish with. Leashes are for your protection, so are weapons.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes MKE, Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the East Carson with 4 dude's that hop out of a truck with beer cans falling out and has Nevada plates.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a bold statement since most people in Nevada that have NEVADATUDE are from California! You don't think people from Nevada do the same up here in the mountains? They like to stomp right up on you and throw power bait in the middle of the hole that's already being occupied.
    It doesn't matter where you are from it happens. I've had it happen to me in Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho,Nevada, and of course California.
    But where does it happen MOST!!!

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    That's because we don't fish like cali people! We see someone and move on, don't stop and fish on top of them! East Walker is my backyard, with lots of whitefish and big trout, stealth catches them!! Last time I went within minutes some cali fly guys waded right into my hole with no regards!!! Now that it's a state park it will go downhill fast!! Better enjoy it now before all the trash starts showing up. Too late! Also first mile or so on our side IS private, Scierine Ranch and they do charge to fish, $80/day catch and release, down to Rosachi Ranch. Then catch and release to the Elbow, then normal regs. from there down to the tribe's section, (Weber Res.) Please pick up your trash and be respectful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also we do carry weapons and do not allow vehicle breakins!!!!!!!
    That's a bold statement since most people in Nevada that have NEVADATUDE are from California! You don't think people from Nevada do the same up here in the mountains? They like to stomp right up on you and throw power bait in the middle of the hole that's already being occupied.
    It doesn't matter where you are from it happens. I've had it happen to me in Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho,Nevada, and of course California.

SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

YES my buddies and I have caught the state record several times just up stream from there in the Rosacci Ranch but let them go because it catch and release. If you like fishing the East Walker on the California side then you need to fish the Nevada side!! More fish, bigger fish, and way less people if any at all. The Californian side absolutely sucks compared the the Nevada side. I've been saying this for 25+ years and the people still hammer the California side and as soon as you get to the state line there's no one to be found. Same goes for the both Carson forks and especially the Truckee. Those waters are the reason why I buy a non resident license for Nevada.
    That's because we don't fish like cali people! We see someone and move on, don't stop and fish on top of them! East Walker is my backyard, with lots of whitefish and big trout, stealth catches them!! Last time I went within minutes some cali fly guys waded right into my hole with no regards!!! Now that it's a state park it will go downhill fast!! Better enjoy it now before all the trash starts showing up. Too late! Also first mile or so on our side IS private, Scierine Ranch and they do charge to fish, $80/day catch and release, down to Rosachi Ranch. Then catch and release to the Elbow, then normal regs. from there down to the tribe's section, (Weber Res.) Please pick up your trash and be respectful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also we do carry weapons and do not allow vehicle breakins!!!!!!!

11. Likes zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burninfuel View Post
    I heard that the ranch near/ east of there was leveled by earthquake last year or so, rebuilding that also.
    Footings were round rocks and boulders,
    I think you're referring to the Rafter 7 Ranch, and it is fenced off and in bad shape. That whole area is fun to explore, a lot to do and see out there.

Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes Echetino liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Echetino View Post
    Yes, I believe so. They've cut in some campground/RV sites and built some bathrooms.
    It is easy to get to with my camper.....Jetspray

16. Likes Echetino, Blue_Crush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tui Chub View Post
    Anybody catching mountain whitefish out there?
    YES my buddies and I have caught the state record several times just up stream from there in the Rosacci Ranch but let them go because it catch and release. If you like fishing the East Walker on the California side then you need to fish the Nevada side!! More fish, bigger fish, and way less people if any at all. The Californian side absolutely sucks compared the the Nevada side. I've been saying this for 25+ years and the people still hammer the California side and as soon as you get to the state line there's no one to be found. Same goes for the both Carson forks and especially the Truckee. Those waters are the reason why I buy a non resident license for Nevada.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast