Thread: Wild Carp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wild Carp

Only difference between your day and some fancy boy fly fishing on a famous trout stream is the color of the fish, the attitude and about three grand in Gortex. You’re both bringing the memories of a fine day on the water home.

Well done

2. Likes FresnoJack, FoodGeekFish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    That's the "American River Conciliation Triple-Crown"..... "Alternative Hat Trick" maybe????

Took the kids to New Melones this weekend and the carp were in the shallows spawning. Kids thought it was an awesome sight. A couple times they'd get so frisky they'd swim up on shore before slipping back in. My 5 year old kept saying "they're fighting". The 10 year old kept begging me not to explain.

Looks like you had a fine day on the water, fish school be damned....
    Yep still had fun , all that matters anyway . Guy next to me said man I remember when I was younger we would just throw the sqawfish and suckers on the shore let em die . I was like well I kinda understand but I prefer to let nature take its course , its got some kinda purpose even if its just to "piss us off " . And yes thats a hard one to tell kids . I was at the cleaning station at amador and this kid is asking if mine have any eggs and he is super excited about it . I said well if they do I'll let you have em , all of a sudden he yells out HEY MINE HAS WHITE EGGS !!! I looked at his Dad and said um I'll let you explain that one .
    Tightlines BF
    Last edited by bigfin; 06-03-2019 at 06:47 PM.

4. Likes CAL.NDN, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the "American River Conciliation Triple-Crown"..... "Alternative Hat Trick" maybe????

Took the kids to New Melones this weekend and the carp were in the shallows spawning. Kids thought it was an awesome sight. A couple times they'd get so frisky they'd swim up on shore before slipping back in. My 5 year old kept saying "they're fighting". The 10 year old kept begging me not to explain.

Looks like you had a fine day on the water, fish school be damned....

6. Likes bigfin, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey at least you catch more trout in a year than most catch in 10 years , so I wouldn't worrie if you cant identify green and gold things lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

8. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skypig View Post
    Your carp is actually a sucker fish. I used to see some huge ones snorkling the American river.

Dam I'm terrible . I need to go back to fish school .Does anyone know where I can find a school of fish ? thanks , Tightlines BF
    Last edited by bigfin; 05-31-2019 at 10:37 AM.

10. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your carp is actually a sucker fish. I used to see some huge ones snorkling the American river.
    Taking off and flying is easy, it's the landings that will kill you.

Oh Yeah!...Salmon!...Everything else is just practice.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Wild Carp

Went wild carp fishing today and was rewarded with a beauty . I almost had another one but alas it was the infamous sqawfish !! Then this green carp came outta no where and chased all the wild carp away , oh well there’s always tomorrow! All wild carp were caught and released without touching the fish or taking it outta the water . Until next time tightlines BF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

14. Likes nayr liked this post