Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tahoe Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tahoe Bass

Quote Originally Posted by farbanks View Post
    Forget fishing the Keys...they were back at it electro-shocking last week. Bass are almost gone, still some crappie and blue gill. Access to the west-side lagoon, know locally as Lake Tallac, no longer possible as all adjacent roadways are now no parking tow away zones.
    I can't believe they are doing it again. Haven't they figured out yet that it doesn't work. Wasting more money for a pipe dream. Their are some big bass in the main lake to be jigged up on the first two drop offs out of the keys.

2. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget fishing the Keys...they were back at it electro-shocking last week. Bass are almost gone, still some crappie and blue gill. Access to the west-side lagoon, know locally as Lake Tallac, no longer possible as all adjacent roadways are now no parking tow away zones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whalonem View Post
    Thanks for the reply, you would think that TRPA would want them removed. Whalonem
    They tried. The CDFW did electroshocking in the keys for two summers and killed all the bass they could and thankfully ran out of money. In two more years there WILL be 8 pound bass caught again with regularity.
    I remember taking my daughter to the kokanee run up Taylor Creek and there were two 10+ pound bass in the viewing station just swallowing Kokes.

5. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, you would think that TRPA would want them removed. Whalonem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whalonem View Post
    Curious, is access to the Keys open to the general public and can you launch in the Keys with trailered Kayaks and are Kayaks subject to all the inspection/fees in connection with the Mussel problem? Finally is there a limit on the bass or are you required to kill all that you catch? Thanks, Whalonem
    Most access is private but there is some public access scattered around. The keys marina has some to the East. Also the Lagoon off 15th street has access. As far as launching a kayak goes it just has to be dry and you can drop them in anywhere that's public. The keys marina might want a fee to launch I'm not sure about that. The limit on bass is what ever the state allows I toss all mine back.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious, is access to the Keys open to the general public and can you launch in the Keys with trailered Kayaks and are Kayaks subject to all the inspection/fees in connection with the Mussel problem? Finally is there a limit on the bass or are you required to kill all that you catch? Thanks, Whalonem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    No **** walleye got into Tahoe?
    That's the fist time I've heard about them. I personally have not caught or heard of one ever being caught up here. I know of some not to far East of hear.

10. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burninfuel View Post
    even walleye.
    No **** walleye got into Tahoe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seebass View Post
    I agree 110 %, I had read a book all about Lake Tahoe , and how development has hurt the Lake. It's called Saving Lake Tahoe.
    There is NO saving Lake Tahoe! Unless they tear down the keys so the Truckee River filters through the marsh that used to be there that is now houses with boat docks. That's why I have to laugh when I see people with a keep Tahoe Blue sticker on their car and they live in the keys it's very hypocritical . If anyone has been up on Kingsbury grade in late spring to early summer you probably noticed the mud line extending a few thousand yards from the Truckee River channel that shoots mud and debris right into the lake. The US Forest Service and TRPA have tried to combat this issue by messing up the meadow behind the airport to no avail.
    Yes building the keys in Lake Tahoe was an engineering blunder and there's no reversing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago when working with Martin Iron, we put in a larger bridge to replace the small bridge that
    went over the inlet stream to the lake and care was taken not to mess with Mother Nature !!

I liked the idea, since it would improve flow and add to the marsh area for the fishing in the area, that I have done
    since the early 60's.

I just hope that the Bass and pan fish is C&R, for all to enjoy, since they are not a "Native" fish and you all KNOW
    what the F&G like to do with those guys !!

I would LOVE to see a lake or special holding area for WALLEYE in the area........... for local sportsmen, but that is another topic.

( 80-90 miles East at Lahontan Res, Nev. )
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 06-10-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast