Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pyramid 5/31/2019

6/3/2019
    They are still there.......................
    the little lady wanted some for the smoker if possible..........kept two to keep her happy.

Sent a 19" and the big fish home with my buddy, to keep his wife happy.

Back in Reno at 1pm, hoping he could get his "Honey Do's" done , so we might get to go the 4th.
    A little choppy at 9 but like glass, almost, at 11:30 on the way back to the dock.
    Talked to "George" on the way back home, he had a few customers that looked happy, also.

Lots of meat for the BBQ or smoker...........
    Get out there.... it is not going to last much longer.

C&R is also nice.
    We did not have time to put numbers into the boat, but my 25" & "Huey" in the short time, was fine.

Last edited by Mr Ed; 06-03-2019 at 02:02 PM.

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    58+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    getting to warm for my liking about one week left till the dogs days of pyramid

Post Thanks / Like

58+

Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone get a water temp reading this weekend???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    It is nice to have "eyes" when fishing but over the years I have done well on Pyramid with just
    setting the D/R or using weights with my set backs that I have learned to trust and wait for hook ups.

True, the seasons and the weather conditions do play a part in presentations some times but on calm days
    it comes down to time on the water to get results, most of the time....... and yes, even I have had just a
    one or two fish day.

Some times you are good with no bites, until the right time kicks in and the fish in your area go on the bite.
    This is a strange lake and you never know what will happen day to day.
    Many a time I have passed offering through schools of fish w/o a bite and then get hammered with not a fish on the graph!!

Glad you had a great time on the water with some very nice size trout.
    Got to love it when you feel some REAL weight at the end of the rod, shaking its head and staying deep.

All very true!

If the fish aren't in the cone of your finder you won't see them, but there still might be fish. Are those fish, or is the sensitivity on your finder set to high? Or are the marks caused by interference from another finder near by? Is that big arc really a fish or a plastic bag floating just off the bottom? I basically use my finder to see the bottom and to stay in a desired depth. I've caught many a fish trolling with a blank screen. They are handy though when koke fishing to find or stay in the school.

You're right, I love those big head shakes and fish that stay down and do circles around my boat(14'). When they are straight down under your boat and you can't budge them off the bottom. That is a critical time for me it seems, when they are straight down and start head shaking and twisting and turning and doing all kinds of acrobatics......slack line often follows. I especially like it when I get the fish coming to the boat and he turns and peels line off your reel... fun times.

Big macks on Tahoe do that.....get under the boat and dive to the bottom when you start to pull them up.

Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

It is nice to have "eyes" when fishing but over the years I have done well on Pyramid with just
    setting the D/R or using weights with my set backs that I have learned to trust and wait for hook ups.

True, the seasons and the weather conditions do play a part in presentations some times but on calm days
    it comes down to time on the water to get results, most of the time....... and yes, even I have had just a
    one or two fish day.

Some times you are good with no bites, until the right time kicks in and the fish in your area go on the bite.
    This is a strange lake and you never know what will happen day to day.
    Many a time I have passed offering through schools of fish w/o a bite and then get hammered with not a fish on the graph!!

Glad you had a great time on the water with some very nice size trout.
    Got to love it when you feel some REAL weight at the end of the rod, shaking its head and staying deep.

8. Likes hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually managed to get 4 from the beach at Pelican yesterday morning. Surprised me but they are there. Not much size to them but fun to wrangle.

Post Thanks / Like

Pyramid sure has some beautiful cutts

Catch ya later ... hooks

11. Likes MKE, MtnFisher, LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pyramid 5/31/2019

Launched at 5am. Turned on the fish finder and nothing. After about an hour I got it running and started fishing. Quit at 11am with 21 cutts. 3 over 24

All released

Lyman 4, mag lip 4.5 caught the big ones. Rainbow, black/ red lines, tui chub spoons helped out.

Warriors 20 to 30 with 1oz. weight

130 set back at 2 to 2.5 mph on gps

Catch ya later ... hooks

13. Likes okie, OYD12, MKE, Dbigone liked this post