Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old guys at Pyramid

Ed: You forgot to mention that the Ca DFG measure in your picture is 28 inches long. It looks like that fish may be 30 inches or slightly more.

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prettyman01 View Post
    They like the heat.
    Yes they do Mike, Jb fishing told me that they dumped some LCT's in Indian Creek Res (ICR or Windian Creek) so we will give that a try on Friday. Hopefully CC will be able to come along too, but we are both working on eye issues right now......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

They like the heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

5. Likes MKE, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robertash20 View Post
    Ed,

What were water temps hopinjg I can tube it this sunday? think the water will still be cool enough to get one more trip up there? Lots of hot weather next few days
    Water temps ranged from 60 when we launched at Pelican to 64-65 up north at 10;30. Plenty of tubers in the Warrior area so it must be doable. Plenty of fish still shallow enough for some good action.
    Frank
    Last edited by OYD12; 06-05-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed,

What were water temps hopinjg I can tube it this sunday? think the water will still be cool enough to get one more trip up there? Lots of hot weather next few days

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    6/4/2019
    Left Reno at 7:30am and headed through heavy traffic to north Reno to get to "Old Salt."
    Put in and tried a few places going north on the West side but had to get to Warriors to find
    a good number of fish.

Had to go through a lot of offerings to find one that worked, the main thing was getting your
    lure down to where it was in their face, weather deep or shallow.

More boats on the water today and a lot at Warriors point plus all the tube guys, that were getting hook ups.
    One "Mail Box" tuber had a fish on as we came around the point but it came unbuttoned as we got up to him.

Nice calm waters, warm air temps and lots of fish today..........
    As a matter of fact, too BIG............. had a heck of a time getting a 19" to fill out bag limits.

Again, Frank kicked my butt on getting into the big boys but it is nice to be on this water begging for
    a little 19-20" Cut to fill out the bag, so you can take them to the house for a fish fry.

Get out there............. BIG fish is the norm.

Post Thanks / Like

Old guys at Pyramid

6/4/2019
    Left Reno at 7:30am and headed through heavy traffic to north Reno to get to "Old Salt."
    Put in and tried a few places going north on the West side but had to get to Warriors to find
    a good number of fish.

Had to go through a lot of offerings to find one that worked, the main thing was getting your
    lure down to where it was in their face, weather deep or shallow.

More boats on the water today and a lot at Warriors point plus all the tube guys, that were getting hook ups.
    One "Mail Box" tuber had a fish on as we came around the point but it came unbuttoned as we got up to him.

Nice calm waters, warm air temps and lots of fish today..........
    As a matter of fact, too BIG............. had a heck of a time getting a 19" to fill out bag limits.

Again, Frank kicked my butt on getting into the big boys but it is nice to be on this water begging for
    a little 19-20" Cut to fill out the bag, so you can take them to the house for a fish fry.

Get out there............. BIG fish is the norm.

Last edited by Mr Ed; 06-04-2019 at 05:25 PM.