Post Thanks / Like

Re: bluegill-crappie

I have never seen a pearch that big. I hope to take my grandkids. That fish is huge. Thanks Stickman

2. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by one more cast View Post
    Stickman, Thanks for the info. I fished there befor but only for bass will try again.
    Here is a pic of my daughter from June 2018 at New Hogan. We have caught lots of very large gills/crappie/bass at that lake. Boat or bank, they are out there!

Bluegill.jpg

4. Likes Katch, Jeff E, one more cast, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stickman, Thanks for the info. I fished there befor but only for bass will try again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by one more cast View Post
    Is comanchee or pardee lake good for bluegill or crappie - catfish this time of year ? Thanks for any info.
    Hey there OMC, Although I have chased plenty of trout at Comanche and trout/kokes at Pardee, I have never fished for gills, crappie, or cats at either one. However, when I do target those species, I head just a little bit South of Comanche to New Hogan Reservoir. In addition to the varieties you mentioned, New Hogan also has a lot of black and small mouth bass, and a sizable population of carp and striped bass.

I make sure to get out to Hogan two or three times every Spring to walk the shorelines casting small jigs for bass, crappie and some really monster sized blue gills. Fun, fun, fun. Fishing live bait (like worms or grubs) under a float is also very effective.) One of my fishing buddies loves to catch cats our there and seems to do well bottom fishing with traditional "stinky" baits. MY son and I have tangled with big cats (4 to 9 lbs) on very light crappie gear when targeting bass and crappie.

Trolling for stripers can be good pretty much year round (for those that put their time in to learn this lake) but when the weather warms up and the water weasels are tearing up the water, that is best done very early or very late in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

bluegill-crappie

Is comanchee or pardee lake good for bluegill or crappie - catfish this time of year ? Thanks for any info.