Thread: Frenchman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Frenchman Lake

We live about 30 miles from the lake and yes it was an excellent show.

Post Thanks / Like

M_C, I hope you and your G-daughter were around through the night, there was a pretty spectacular mountain firework show (thunderstorm). I am glad to hear she had some luck, we worked Sunday through Thursday and came up with only a couple nice keeper bows, albeit we were primarily bank fishing. Although, I have to give my wife props for hooking and fly casting a pesky yellow jacket that refused to leave our campsite alone, caught two little redsides with it!
    Last edited by Markj2k4; 06-14-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    My granddaughters first trip to Frenchmans on 6/12. Three fish in about 4 hrs, trolling Shasta dodger and hula hoochie. The highlight of the day was she skunked me.
    Hey M_C, thank you for the report, the great pics, and for teaching the next generation to love the outdoors. You have a beautiful family, and your granddaughter caught some beautiful fish! Speaking as a grandfather, I would call an outing where my grandchild out-fished me to be pretty much a perfect day on the water. You are obviously a very good guide and teacher.

Post Thanks / Like

My granddaughters first trip to Frenchmans on 6/12. Three fish in about 4 hrs, trolling Shasta dodger and hula hoochie. The highlight of the day was she skunked me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Likes Stickman, OYD, Dbigone, muledeer12, fish_on5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post .... It has been about 5 years since I've been to Frenchman ... the pics make me hungry to go .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, we are heading to Frenchman tomorrow, hopefully we can find some action :)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see you also..........

I like the two rod Bow set up, very much..............

This water will warm up and the feed bag will go on and they will fill out and grow.
    The two lakes in this area should have very nice trout this season.

Tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you today Ed. Sorry I didn't recognize you but fun to B.S. for a bit.

Water temps at 62 degrees and bite was tough. Took some finesse for 4 little guys but after 2 years of sitting I'm just glad to be gettin the bass boat out as much as possible before Powell next month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

10. Likes Stickman, Steve079 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's one shaggy looking beast. For a second there I thought those were deer antlers near her rearend. No velvet though.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Frenchman Lake

6/7/2019
    Lake is in good shape with lots of water, matter of fact it has water going over the spillway at 10:45am.

Watch your speed getting up there, some slide areas with rocks in the road and deer next to the roads !!

This season is a little different than last...............
    High water with colder water temps, means the bite is a little slower right now.
    The fish are a little smaller on average for the shore fishing but can be had.

I messed up thinking today would be 82 degrees and mild and only had a light vest with me but
    mother nature hit me with high winds, very cold temperatures and I finally tossed the towel in.

Summer is just around the corner.............. ??
    PS:
    This the most water in nine years, that I can remember, should be a long season!!

Last edited by Mr Ed; 06-17-2019 at 07:46 AM.

13. Likes hooks, OYD, Stickman, Captain Compassion liked this post