Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wrights lake open?

The hike to Grouse from Wrightís is only a couple miles, but itís pretty steep. You can keep going to Hemlock and Smith too. Theyíre small lakes and you can fish the whole thing in an hour or two.

They have small brook trout in them. I like 1/8th oz Kastmasters and Zrays.

Iíd expect itíll be July before the trail is clear, but thatís just a guess. Enjoy it if you go. Beautiful views from up there.

2. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yell0wshirt View Post
    Has anyone been up to Wrights yet? Iíd like to get up there and maybe hike in to Grouse Lake. Iíve never done that hike so any help will be great.

Is Grouse easy to get to? Any tips on spinning or fly fishing if so? Is the hike marked? Iíve had a buddy run in to a bear further up towards Gerle Creek, not sure if anyone has run in to anything on the Grouse trail. Iíd probably be hiking in by myself as well, not sure if thatís the best idea either.

Thanks for the help all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wrights lake is currently closed. No ETA on when it will open. Just keep checking the website for updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yell0wshirt View Post
    Has anyone been up to Wrights yet? Iíd like to get up there and maybe hike in to Grouse Lake. Iíve never done that hike so any help will be great.

Is Grouse easy to get to? Any tips on spinning or fly fishing if so? Is the hike marked? Iíve had a buddy run in to a bear further up towards Gerle Creek, not sure if anyone has run in to anything on the Grouse trail. Iíd probably be hiking in by myself as well, not sure if thatís the best idea either.

Thanks for the help all!

Check their website. Still had 10 feet of snow last month

Post Thanks / Like

If it is the one near Dark and Beauty lakes...........
    it is not that hard of a hike..........
    it even has Parking.

Post Thanks / Like

Wrights lake open?

Thanks for the help all!