Post Thanks / Like

Re: Evening at Folsom

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you caught fish. I like Folsom but usually avoid in summer due to tons of skiers, etc. I wonder if anyone is having success early am.

Post Thanks / Like

Evening at Folsom

My son and I thought we would end the day with a dip in the lake and do a little trolling. We have been ending our days on Folsom at least once a week for a few months now but today was much different then the past outings. Today we were greeted with lots of wake boarders and jet skies. Made for a bumpy evening. We could have gone up river to the 5 mph zone but we have been finding fish in the main body.
    Now for the good stuff: 4 trout in the net,in the first hour then they shut off on us ( 1-3 lb'er ). All fish were full tails with lots of acrodatics all of the way to the boat. Several HNS and we lost 2 at the boat. Fished Silver/Chartreuse speedy Shiners and Wonder Bread Needle fish. 25' to 35' deep seemed to be best in 80' of water. The 5% area was good to us. All fish that could be revived were releasd and the rest will meet my smoker.
    The lake seems to be slowing down a little.
    Tight lines
    Greg