Post Thanks / Like

Re: July 2019 are you ready?

All ready for it

Post Thanks / Like

Yes i am all ready

Post Thanks / Like

“One thing I can promise is that the Cabela's in Boomtown is going to be a very popular place for California sportsman.”

You definitely got that right UsualSuspect. Nevada business will profit from dumb California laws.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

I've made several ammo purchases this year and have gotten a slightly different interpretation of the new law from each sales clerk.

The general consensus seems to be that there will be a $1 fee for an on the spot background check if you have a weapon on file with DOJ. For those that don't, it will be $19. As others have said, don't trust what you read on the internet.

One thing I can promise is that the Cabela's in Boomtown is going to be a very popular place for California sportsman.
    Last edited by UsualSuspect; 06-18-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    12' Western Aluminum with a 15hp 4stroke

5. Likes Waterdog, jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not really seeking advice on what the new laws are. I was just pointing out the confusion that exists and that there are a lot of different opinions. I am prepared for the new rules but I doubt that everyone is. I suspect that there are members on this forum that may decide they want to go to the store and buy some 22 ammo for a gun that they have owned for years. I think they will be surprised to find out they need a background check to buy any ammo. It seems to me that only the most active shooters pay much attention to new laws regarding guns. Sort of like the people who only fish every couple of years may not know the current regulations.

My sister is a good example. She has a 22 that she shoots occasionally. She had no idea she would have to have a background check to buy some 22 ammo.

7. Likes zipperman, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

“My best advice is to not seek internet advice unless your already fully aware of the law by having read it. If that's the case you are only here to see what other people think of it. If you haven't read it then please take some time to do that. It's pretty easy to understand if taken at face value and not misinterpreted”

I agree. The same applies to fishing regs. If you’ve read them and are asking for clarification, that’s fine. But if you haven’t read them , don’t ask on the internet. You may likely get bad information and find out when a warden writes you up.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

My best advice is to not seek internet advice unless your already fully aware of the law by having read it. If that's the case you are only here to see what other people think of it. If you haven't read it then please take some time to do that. It's pretty easy to understand if taken at face value and not misinterpreted.

Also, please dont come to Nevada to circumvent California laws. California laws are akin to Ebola in the way they spread and the level of difficulty in eradicating them.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 06-17-2019 at 02:16 PM.

10. Dislikes zipperman, BigUnInDaBoat disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as the law restricting ammo sales to only calibers that are registered to you that is a myth. Nothing in the law so stipulates that.
    To avoid hassles and problems stock up on ammo now before the second part of the law goes into affect.
    Keep in mind Nevada will not enforce this California ammo law. Not suggesting people go to Nevada to buy their ammo but just saying.......
    It is illegal to bring more than 50 rounds into California purchased out of state. But virtually impossible to catch someone doing so.

12. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

July 2019 are you ready?

New ammo purchasing requirements go into effect in July. I still get a variety of answers about the new rules. The local news station this morning stated that you must have a gun registered in every caliber or gauge you purchase ammo for. You want 12 gauge ammo you must have a 12 gauge registered. Not sure they are correct since according to some local shops the DOJ info is confusing.

14. Likes Waterdog liked this post