Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Remembering my dad

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    My Dad passed in 1980, I was overseas. I regret that I was "too smart" when he tried to teach me stuff, like welding and fishing.
    I feel very lucky because I worked with both of my grandfathers on their jobs and learned a bunch of stuff. My one grandfather was a well driller and I learned a ton of stuff from him everytime I went to the jobsite with him. My other grandfather had a farm and I also learned things from him about farming and raising animals. When I was 12 years old I was driving a tractor and plowing fields or bailing hay, the kids I went to school with were still riding bicycles and not much else in the summer...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes dennis l, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Remembering my dad

My Dad passed in 1980, I was overseas. I regret that I was "too smart" when he tried to teach me stuff, like welding and fishing.
    20' Hewescraft "River Runner" Redline 302, Berkeley Jet.
    36' Bounder Motorhome.

4. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray, dennis l, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad passed in August of 2014 and I understand how the memories are great. My dad did not have a bunch of knowledge of camping mostly because he grew up during the depression on a farm in Iowa. He did hunt the fields but not as much fishing, but he did take us camping when my sister and I were young and those memories always stick with me.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Waterdog, dennis l, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Always good to remember dear ol' Dad.
    Thx for your post Dennis.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remembering my dad

This is the 2nd Fathers day that has passed since I lost my dad. He was one of the most smartest and well read man I've ever known I remember one hunting trip where he got the car the car into a place where he couldn't turn around and ran out of road. Mom was not a happy hunter, easy fix for dad he used the bumper jack, jack it up and then pushed it off the jack, took a few times but he did get it turned around. Another time we were at Ft Bragg camping and the old 57 Ford would not start, cold and foggy weather, plus the Ford had a lot of miles on it. His solution was to pull the spark plugs build a fire and heat them all up put them back in worked like a champ. I can also remember him saying to me, "that when I was growing up he thought I was THE MOST stubborn kid in the world, that was until I met your son, my grandson I know there is a god" He is missed but never forgotten.