Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transducer Mounting

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    On my previous boat I ran two lowrance depth finders on each side of the hull and would still get interference. You might have better luck than me since you are running two different brands of depthfinders. On my current boat I just went with three screens and one transducers and network them all together so that I would have that cross talk going on.
    I like this idea, or one unit with a large enough screen that you can have the different functions all open and usable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Both excellent ideas. Thanks!
    20' Hewescraft "River Runner" Redline 302, Berkeley Jet.
    36' Bounder Motorhome.

Post Thanks / Like

On my previous boat I ran two lowrance depth finders on each side of the hull and would still get interference. You might have better luck than me since you are running two different brands of depthfinders. On my current boat I just went with three screens and one transducers and network them all together so that I would have that cross talk going on.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

4. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was running 2 different Raymarine with separate frequencies but was still receiving interference, my transducers were side by side. They operate fine separately when one or the other was in the off mode. After talking to the Raymarine technical advisor it was recommended that the transducers should be separated a minimum of 4'. My suggestion is contact the technicians of each product you have for recommendation. The outcome of mine is my older unit finally went kaput as I was at the point of doing the separation. Now my decision is to stay with 1 sonar unit and not deal with trying to add another 2nd unit which I do have sitting in storage.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Post Thanks / Like

Transducer Mounting

When I get this restoration done, I'm going to run 2 Fish Finders, one Humminbird and one Lowrance.

Humminbird for GPS mapping and depth. Lowrance for low speed MPH (river trolling as I have a Paddle Wheel transducer for it) also Sonar and water temps. If either show fish, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

My question is, should I separate the transducers side to side or can they be relatively close together. Yes each will use it's own frequency.

It's an aluminum boat so through hull won't work.

Thanks in advance.
    20' Hewescraft "River Runner" Redline 302, Berkeley Jet.
    36' Bounder Motorhome.