Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Stainless Rod Holders

I was thinking maybe some pipe insulation wrapped around them. Stainless is kind of hard to make paint or plastic stick to it, and you could take it off quickly if needed.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stainless Rod Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    A week long party? Damn you the man. Even in my youth dont know Id survive a week long party.
    To be honest, Im surprised some of us even survived. Its going to be another 20 years before I attempt that again.
    Sure was nice showing my family from Texas a bit of California though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A week long party? Damn you the man. Even in my youth dont know Id survive a week long party.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

5. Likes Yearroundfisherman, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Lets see some pictures of them. Me or someone else may be able to come up with an idea other than paint to keep them cooler in hot sun light. Im thinking something like neoprene similar to those foam holders you put beer/soda cans to keep your beer cool.
    We just had a huge week long party at my house so I have to get them out from wherever area that I put them. Ill get a picture soon as I find them though as I even had to take my boats out of my yard.

7. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This would work better than paint.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see some pictures of them. Me or someone else may be able to come up with an idea other than paint to keep them cooler in hot sun light. Im thinking something like neoprene similar to those foam holders you put beer/soda cans to keep your beer cool.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

10. Likes Yearroundfisherman, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stainless Rod Holders

Had my uncle Weld up some stainless steel tubing on to stainless steel flat bar to mount in place of my old cracked plastic rod holders. My issue here is the glare more than I want them to and they get extremely hot to the touch. Has anybody experimented with different paint to keep the metal from heating up so much in the sun?
    I may have had them made too heavy but they came out pretty damn nice. I think now I have to mount a plate behind the plywood to keep the screws from pulling out.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post