Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Berry-the one in Utah 7-01-2019

It's been a while since I've seen him.
    Tell him "Hi" for me.

First time I ever went crabbing was with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Elk Hunter aka Allen previously from Sac?
    Yep, That would be one in the same
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Post Thanks / Like

Elk Hunter aka Allen previously from Sac?

Post Thanks / Like

Strawberry held the kokanee record for a number of years at just over 6lbs but that record finally fell to Flaming Gorge at 6.5lbs in 2015.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Post Thanks / Like

I messed up. I was trying to edit and deleted my original post. My original post is below. It seems the Utah State koke record now belongs to Flaming Gorge by a couple ounces? If anybody has the info I would appreciate it.

Hello Rodger great report you guys did well. This is Pete Steverson, Steve Oakley, Berryessa Kid, or just Steve Peterson haha take your pick. Glad to see you're posting here I always enjoy your stuff and I don't do Facebook. My brother and I were out at strawberry yesterday too. What a beautiful day and an awesome Fishery! I still use info you gave me years ago for this lake, thank you so much! We started off at 15 feet otw with long setbacks and pulled a double just out of the marina. Both fish wear about 16 in and made it to the Box. Picked up fish throughout the triangle they were in small groups. No piggies for us they were all right around 2 pounds a couple just a little over. Released half-a-dozen cuts and at least that many rainbows. Ended the day just afternoon with with my biggest fish of the day at 39 ft with a 20-foot setback. We ran Uncle Larry's stuff all day orange, pink, green, in that order with a natural rgt producing too. Mostly trout on the tube though. My brothers and nephews want to go to tomorrow but I'm not sure about fishing on the 4th? The kids want to go though and I enjoy being a deckhand. We will all get together and watch fireworks from my little sister's house up on the Bluffs in Draper. I've got some good pics I'll see if I can add them soon, sorry for rambling on your post. For those of you that don't know the Utah State Kokanee record belongs to Strawberry not Flaming Gorge at 6.3 pounds. I will try to download a picture of my brother with a dime bright 5-pounder through the ice he got this year. Awesome fish! Really love this place! Take care hope to see you soon. Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Oakley View Post
    Hello Rodger great report you guys did well. This is Pete Steverson, Steve Oakley, Berryessa Kid, or just Steve Peterson haha take your pick. Glad to see you're posting here I always enjoy your stuff and I don't do Facebook.
    Hi to all of the above, I remember you and your brother very much. Don't worry about the hijack here, anyone can chime in to add their thoughts. It's great hearing from but would have been better to meet up again especially since we're both at this fine fishery where we did the first time. I'll be back up their soon only after this holiday weekend.
    2000 F250 Diesel

Post Thanks / Like

Another day on the water with a friend of many years and meeting up with a new one!

Nice job on the Kokanee and yes you have some beautiful interesting lakes available nearby.

Nice that the wind cooperated and you caught the "Devil" Koke.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

This lake is also a fav of many residents and out of staters with it Gorge quality kokes. Water temps mostly in low to mid 60's keeps lake lice away, The power squadrons usually overrun the lower elevation lakes. At near 8000' elevation it gets very cool at night into the 40's but once big red shows it doesn't take long burn off the fog but still need a light long sleeve garment to wear. I always wear shorts during the summer but keep a flannel shirt available. Plans are in the making for the next outing.
    2000 F250 Diesel

Post Thanks / Like

I like a day in the FOG............. the bite stays on longer with the low light and generally
    fog means low winds, if any.

Beats putting up the shade roof but a light jacket might be needed for a while.
    However a heavy fog can keep you on your toes, since sound carries so far and you think
    the boats are right next to you, but you see NOTHING !!

19"................. those are Keepers!!
    Nothing wrong with that Berry lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that lake looks really inviting. No wind that day for sure. Beautiful catch. Thanks for posting and the great pic's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast