Thanks, guys, for the help. Changed the bulb and all is well. Charley

2. Likes burninfuel, Jetspray, dennis l, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: kicker issue

Thanks, guys, for the help. Changed the bulb and all is well. Charley

4. Likes TrackerDV17, Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With the little 9.9hp, If you have room...............
    you might just buy a 5 Gal tank and hose to solve the problem.

I liked to see how much gas there actually is, instead of a gauge.

6. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Change the bulb.
    I had a similar problem with a brand new bulb. It took me a couple of days of troubleshooting then decided to change the bulb...WaLah...back in business.
    Me too and MTBE ate the fuel lines too......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    Bulb was empty. Tried pumping it but it would not fill or force fuel to motor.
    Change the bulb.
    I had a similar problem with a brand new bulb. It took me a couple of days of troubleshooting then decided to change the bulb...WaLah...back in business.

9. Likes Jetspray, burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The other issue could be that the setup in your tank may be pulling air only, you really need to follow the problem that far. My boat was built with a 225 hp main motor and the hose inside the tank was big enough to maybe supply a 90hp outboard. It had a spring inside the hose with a piece of brass mesh on the end, I replaced it with a bigger diameter chemical hose with no mesh on the end (I have a filter inline). Not only did it fix the problem but when I was able to direct the flow the main engine picked up 200 rpm.........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

11. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My set up has a fuel filter that both engines feed from, the kicker was attached to a brass one way valve that had a spring and ball in it. That valve did not work properly from the get go. If it sticks closed and is jammed inside you may not be getting fuel. I replaced it with a manual brass valve, and also one to the main. I have to lift the engine cover to open one and close the other, directing flow to the motor that I am using......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

kicker issue

Ran on my kicker about three hours yesterday. Its a 9.9 merc. Feeds out of same tank as main motor. Just died as if it ran out of fuel. Plenty in tank. Could not restart. Bulb was empty. Tried pumping it but it would not fill or force fuel to motor. No leaks or no odors of fuel. Hoses new. Connections tight. Bulb never collapsed and you could always pump it but got no indication of fuel or air moving. Switched to main line and everything ran normal. Pumped kicker bulb while gas line was on main motor and it filled with air and stayed hard. Any ideas? Please keep it simple as you can see from my question that's the way I need it. Thanks

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post