Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calif. new homes rules...................

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    It’s just like having catalytic converters on our cars. Got to have it. I think having solar on all new construction is a good thing.
    Solar may or may not be a good thing and it’s nothing like the mandated catalytic converters on vehicles. The thing is if you think it’s a good thing then go for it. Cover your roof, yard, car with them, stick a few on the dog, whatever. Again the point is most do not think we should be forced to have them. This new law is just the camels nose under the tent. They always start off incrementally. First it’s solar panels, then it windmills, in the back yard, then all houses must have quadruple pained windows, then family’s may be limited to one small 4 cylinder vehicle or an all electric vehicle and so on. We all know why they are mandating solar but it’s pseudo reasoning and pseudo science and it’s a further limitation on our freedom.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 07-06-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

2. Likes Folsomtroller22, bigfin, zipperman, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfin View Post
    100% Correct starting in 2020 .
    So do you really think they will stop there, and not go after everyone who owns property in the state? Everything has a fee, permit, approval process and a re-assessment of value by the county assessor. The manufacture of them is mostly done in China, and solar is a dirty product of manufacture and costly (labor) to do so. I also know that under constant conditions they begin to deteriorate quickly and panels have to be replaced, adding cost......Good Luck to you all...…...Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s just like having catalytic converters on our cars. Got to have it. I think having solar on all new construction is a good thing.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

6. Dislikes zipperman disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I’m pretty sure that new solar law apples to all new construction homes for the entire state of California.

100% Correct starting in 2020 .

8. Likes Waterdog, zipperman, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    The real cost....? LOL

Yep sounds about right !!! Fantasy land it is . Only you don't have to bribe or give kick backs to anyone The Great State of Fantasy Land takes care of that . Taxation without representation . Califeenia ................. Tightlines BF

10. Likes Waterdog, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The real cost....? LOL

Catch ya later ... hooks

12. Likes Waterdog, zipperman, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with solar heating, especially in Chico where they get some good sun 9 months out of the year. I think the new law is for Solar energy. Where you put energy back into the grid. I've had solar for about 5 years now. And my electric bill is hardly anything, it's my gas bill for the water heater and furnace during the winter time that runs the bill up high. It'll take 10 years to pay off my solar install cost, but I think it is a good investment.

Soar is free energy, work it into the price of the new home and you won't even notice the extra cost. What's another $20K on a home that $700K?
    It is if you are forced to buy something without your approval, it is very wrong.....
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

14. Likes zipperman, kickinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy I'm glad I moved, you are all rich anyway, "watch your step" is the new moto for SF. BTW 70 more cents per gallon in January 2020......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with solar heating, especially in Chico where they get some good sun 9 months out of the year. I think the new law is for Solar energy. Where you put energy back into the grid. I've had solar for about 5 years now. And my electric bill is hardly anything, it's my gas bill for the water heater and furnace during the winter time that runs the bill up high. It'll take 10 years to pay off my solar install cost, but I think it is a good investment.

Soar is free energy, work it into the price of the new home and you won't even notice the extra cost. What's another $20K on a home that $700K?
    I don’t think anyone is saying there’s anything wrong with solar. I think the point is we shouldn’t have it shoved down our throats and be forced by the state to buy and install solar. If you want it fine, if you don’t fine.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

18. Likes Jetspray, Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Dislikes zipperman disliked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast