Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salmon fishing on anchor with wrapped quickfish

You might get more attention and responses if you repost your question on the freshwater salmon and steelhead forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 4’ leader and 3’ dropper. The dropper is longer than most use, but the plug dives on its own and I don’t want it digging in the mud. I also use a 1-2 oz weight depending on depth and current. The lighter weight gets it down to the bottom, but also allows it to move around a little when the boat swings and current pulses.

Just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

JD has a number of really good plug salmon tutorials on his website fishwithjd.com

Go to the techniques section and then drill down to salmon techniques and you will see several sections on fishing plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Paintguy, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Salmon fishing on anchor with wrapped quickfish

So I catch 90% of my fish jigging. O ya I do occasionally snag one, but I let them all go anyhow. Not there for the meat. Sometimes I like to anchor up and fish with a quick fish when I find an nice little hole on the American that they have to pass through. My question is for those that are in the know about this strategy of catching salmon, how long should your leader be to the lure and how long should the drop line be to the sinker? I have heard several different takes on these lengths but I'm hoping to hear from those that are in the know and fish like this all the time. I would most appreciate your input. Thanks

6. Likes Paintguy liked this post