Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cuts, Brooks, and Bows

Quote Originally Posted by TBSP View Post
    Thanks Jetspray. I agree 100%. The look on that guy’s face when I walked into his camp holding his rod was priceless. It was a great feeling handing it to him. Just remembering it now and telling the story 35 years later has given me a nice warm buzz.
    Yeah it is like towing someone off a lake, which I have done numerous times, just the feeling of helping out......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes TBSP, yell0wshirt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    TBSP that is a great story, giving back is soooo important in life, great memory to share. I really enjoyed it.......Jetspray
    Thanks Jetspray. I agree 100%. The look on that guy’s face when I walked into his camp holding his rod was priceless. It was a great feeling handing it to him. Just remembering it now and telling the story 35 years later has given me a nice warm buzz.

4. Likes Jetspray, CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Cuts, Brooks, and Bows

TBSP that is a great story, giving back is soooo important in life, great memory to share. I really enjoyed it.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    In 1998 three years after my dad passed I was at a lake on top of Ebbets pass. I had an epic day of fishing and kept a stringer of big trout, that I cleaned at the lakeshore with my late fathers buck knife. I was almost 100 miles away when I realized I failed to pick it up.

I feel your pain. I hope a young kid found it, and still uses it to this day.
    I was on a backpack trip in the Marble Mtns. in Northern CA many years ago and my buddy lost his prized Browning knife on the hike in. We had set up camp on a small creek about halfway into a group of lakes we were headed to. Along came 2 guys and a girl who were headed to the same area. They stopped and talked with us for about 15 minutes when one of the guys asked “hey did you guys lose a knife?” My buddy was thrilled. A couple of hours after they left, I noticed a nice little ultralight rod and reel leaning against a tree. Aww man, the guy left his rod. Too much time had passed to chase him down. The next morning we set out for the lakes. I carried his rod with me. Got to the first lake, no one there, and we set up camp. The next morning I decided to take a hike to one of the neighboring lakes, only about a half mile away. I took my rod and the other guy’s too in hopes of running into them. Well, there they were. Felt very good handing over that rod. He was so thankful. Told me he thought he would never see it again since they were taking a different return trail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post
    I hear ya. Bit the worst part is the hemistat pliers that were my dad's that I have been using for over 40 years.
    In 1998 three years after my dad passed I was at a lake on top of Ebbets pass. I had an epic day of fishing and kept a stringer of big trout, that I cleaned at the lakeshore with my late fathers buck knife. I was almost 100 miles away when I realized I failed to pick it up.

I feel your pain. I hope a young kid found it, and still uses it to this day.

9. Likes Jetspray, TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    The Nevada side of all the rivers fish way better than the California side you should go fish the Nevada side it is well worth it!!
    The out-of-state for California is $148 for us. The out of state for Nevada is $80. I pay $248 for Pyramid for the year and this year I only went once, still cheap in my boat. When I left California in 2006 my State & Federal income taxes took my entire salary, we lived on my wife's pay...….Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Not to kick a dead horse but the Calif. regs on the bottom page 48 call for Art lures with barbless hooks.

You do know that you can use a bike to get there, don't you ?

Later.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yell0wshirt View Post
    Sometimes I really wish buying one fishing license in a state allowed you to fish in other states.....this makes me really want to fish in Nevada now.
    The Nevada side of all the rivers fish way better than the California side you should go fish the Nevada side it is well worth it!!

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I really wish buying one fishing license in a state allowed you to fish in other states.....this makes me really want to fish in Nevada now.

16. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the great forum where I could get all these interesting information. Good luck!

18. Dislikes BigUnInDaBoat disliked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast