Post Thanks / Like

Re: japanese glass balls used in net fishing

Quote Originally Posted by KERPOW View Post
    I recently bought 2 of them at Nautical Antiques in Galveston for $40ea and had them shipped to my delta house for about another $40ea. They guarantee their authenticity used in the Japan sea for many years. Still full of barnacles. Their website is "piecesofship.com". They have several of them.

Best wishes for fishes.KERPOW!
    had a few like that, still in the net, but almost all had been free of the net. while on midway
    I would make a macramé net with nylon line for them.
    be safe

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    anyone know what these are? I used to have a lot of them that I sent home while stationed on
    midway island, me ex got rid of all of them. my sister gave me one that I sent her back in the 67-68
    time frame. I made a net for it with nylon line, its still in the net but the net is pretty dirty from hanging
    in her garage for over 20 years. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of price the are now?
    the last time I saw a price it was in a bait shop south of san jose for 75.00 I think it was. i'd appreciate
    any info someone has on these glass floats (balls).
    be safe

Here is a link with some really good information regarding the history of and where to locate them. I found this while checking out the link that CDK provided.

Jerry

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: japanese glass balls used in net fishing

Found some when I was a kid in the 50's at Pidgeon Point. They were made about that time, they did not have plastic or styrofoam then. Pretty cool stuff.....Jets[ray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought 2 of them at Nautical Antiques in Galveston for $40ea and had them shipped to my delta house for about another $40ea. They guarantee their authenticity used in the Japan sea for many years. Still full of barnacles. Their website is "piecesofship.com". They have several of them.

Best wishes for fishes.KERPOW!

9. Likes Jetspray, okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    anyone know what these are? I used to have a lot of them that I sent home while stationed on
    midway island, me ex got rid of all of them. my sister gave me one that I sent her back in the 67-68
    time frame. I made a net for it with nylon line, its still in the net but the net is pretty dirty from hanging
    in her garage for over 20 years. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of price the are now?
    the last time I saw a price it was in a bait shop south of san jose for 75.00 I think it was. i'd appreciate
    be safe
    Hmmmm...?

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

japanese glass balls used in net fishing

be safe

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post