Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carsons and ICR 07/19/19

A 21 foot boat might be a little too much out there, as I believe you said you've never been there. It's a small impoundment better suited for canoe, kayak, or row boat/car topper type boat. Most of the lake is shallow except for a small slot of water just out from the boat ramp to the dam, the "channel is about 100 yards long and goes to a maximum depth of 32 feet. Most of the lake averages abt. 10 feet deep, and depending on time of year can be filled with plant life fouling your hook often. Fish don't make great table fare as most of their diet is snails and muck from the bottom. There can be some whoppers planted in there, I've caught to 7 lbs and have heard of larger fish. Good luck
    Last edited by sarahpee; 08-14-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Thanks a lot for the info. I'll give the camp launch a try. I appreciate the reply. No need to apologize for anything. I hope everything's ok.
    The lake is about 20 minutes away from my doorstep, this time of year there is a bunch of growth and it is hard to fish from shore unless you bobber fish and stay above the weeds. There are fish to be caught as they hunt the bottom for snails, worms, bugs, and such, and you can troll lower for them. Good luck out there......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    With a 21' boat I would use the campground launch because of the angle and there is concrete. No dock though, launch and beach to park your trailer and car. The launch area on the east side is shallow and I have seen smaller boats launched there and it is a difficult thing to do with those. I would have replied sooner but I spend most of my days at DR's apt's and such.....Jetspray
    Thanks a lot for the info. I'll give the camp launch a try. I appreciate the reply. No need to apologize for anything. I hope everything's ok.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you so much for sharing these lovely details. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Great pics. Thanks for posting.
    I spend a few weeks each summer in Tahoe area but have never been out to ICR. Going back soon. How is the road and launch? I've heard that there is a stretch of dirt getting in. Is this a place to tow a 21' boat in or stick to shore? It looks like you can drive right up to the water. Thanks
    With a 21' boat I would use the campground launch because of the angle and there is concrete. No dock though, launch and beach to park your trailer and car. The launch area on the east side is shallow and I have seen smaller boats launched there and it is a difficult thing to do with those. I would have replied sooner but I spend most of my days at DR's apt's and such.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes MKE, Genius liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report, thanks!

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics. Thanks for posting.
    I spend a few weeks each summer in Tahoe area but have never been out to ICR. Going back soon. How is the road and launch? I've heard that there is a stretch of dirt getting in. Is this a place to tow a 21' boat in or stick to shore? It looks like you can drive right up to the water. Thanks

11. Likes Jetspray, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of of that water flow. Good report.

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. The East was on fire in June and early July but has slowed since then. I love that river when it's FLOWING!

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Carsons and ICR 07/19/19

Jeff Bovero and I headed up 88 looking for some river trout. First stop was the West Carson. The river is still high and a little off color but it can be fished. On our second stop across from Sorensens we found a couple of fish. Both came on small plastics. Next we headed to the East Carson. We checked the HWY 4 bridge than fished awhile just upstream of the Monitor Pass road. The East Carson is still high and off color but folks are fishing it and a few fish are coming in. We struck out here. On our way back home we passed by Indian Creek. We found little fire damage from the recent fire except some burned areas near the airport. Well away from the lake. Nice day Jeff. Thanks for the ride.
    Richard(CC)

West Carson

East Carson

Indian Creek
    Burn at Airport Road.

Indian Creek is OK.
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid