Thread: Piper Slough

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Piper Slough

Use cracker crumbs to bring the Blue Gills up to the dock, then mealworms or small red worms to catch them, great for newbies any age. save a couple smaller ones for bait, yes its legal. Set up a dropper rig and set it out at night. Big Catfish love them,,,gregg

2. Likes RideNfish, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is always fish to be caught in that area. It's slow water so you don't have to worry about getting waked out. But be warned they have been spraying and pelleting the area like crazy making the bite more difficult.

Worms and a bobber for the kids and your sure to catch.
    @delta_fisher - follow me on Instagram

@limitlures @slyguylures @nor.cal.kat

4. Likes Paintguy, VS Tom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great relaxing time. Be sure the little ones wear a pfd at all times and watch them like a hawk.
    There’s a lot of boat traffic through that area. I’ve never really fished it but have cruised through there many times. Try bait fishing for stripper and catfish off your dock. For catfish, clams are a great bait. Also night crawlers and chicken livers. For stripper I’d try sardines, anchovies, shad and chicken livers. Try for stripper any time and concentrate on catfish in the evening. Around the tules you may catch anything, LMB, striper, crappie, catfish, blue gill. You may also catch crappie around your dock.
    I have a friend who has a large boat docked at one of the marinas around there and he fishes off the back of his boat and catches catfish and stripper all the time.
    Also Sugar Barge has great food. Their fish and chips are outstanding.
    Have a great time and good luck.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 07-25-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

6. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Piper Slough

Wife is treating me with a airbandb for my bithday on piper slough second week in August. Wondering if anyone is having and luck out there. We have a private dock a couple of blocks down from sugar barge. Any info would be greatly appreciated since we are taking our 3 year old and 18 month old. We are going to be dock fishing, no boat....

Hopefully catching their first fish! I have done a little researching and we do have some tules and grass beds. Can i use a minnow trap to get some bait for crappie? Or even some bigger catfish or maybe a striper or two...

Thanks!!!!!! TIGHT LINES AND FISH ON

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. Likes Paintguy liked this post