Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    Was recently at Walmart and looked to see if they had any 12ga steel shot for dove. Nada and the salesperson said their store and others in the Fresno area had not been shipped it in some tome. Also asked about the background check. Said unless you have an enhanced CA id, you will need to bring your current CA id and either a passport or birth certificate to do the check.

Makes it it hard to hunt dove when the stores don’t carry the ammo required and one has to bring paperwork necessary to go to another country to purchase it if they did. 🤷*♂️

It all depends on what CA DL you have. If you have the brand new one "real ID" that doesnt say "federal limits apply" than you do not need any additional identification. Same goes for if you have the old school DL before they started issuing these new ones. However if your DL says "federal limits apply" you're required to provide the additional identification.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    Was recently at Walmart and looked to see if they had any 12ga steel shot for dove. Nada and the salesperson said their store and others in the Fresno area had not been shipped it in some tome. Also asked about the background check. Said unless you have an enhanced CA id, you will need to bring your current CA id and either a passport or birth certificate to do the check.

Makes it it hard to hunt dove when the stores don’t carry the ammo required and one has to bring paperwork necessary to go to another country to purchase it if they did. 🤷*♂️
    Never had to produce a ID to buy here, still can buy online here too. It is just stupid how gun grabbers cannot see how new laws mean less and less freedom. Since Kennedy was assassinated (circa 1964) tons of laws were enacted and nothing much changed. You have to prove your innocence before you can buy a box of shells, how nuts is that...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved to Idaho for 3 reasons.
    The gun control laws were just getting to be way harsh in Calif.
    I walked out of a 23 year relationship that could not be fixed,
    and i couldn't see being unhappy in my retirement years.
    The cost of living had just gotten way out of control and every time
    you turned around there was a new tax.
    I moved to Weiser,Idaho a small town of about 8000 at the most and love it ,you say hi to your neighbor ,wave at the
    stranger driving down the street.Thier are no big box stores and wal mart is 45 minutes away in Ontario,Oregon.
    Where i live has an open carry law as far as a weapon goes.I don't carry unless im going fishing or taking a trip
    to the mountains.And because this area has ALOT of rattle snakes it's usually my snake shooter.And buying a gun is
    a dream.fill out your paper work and home you go with your purchase.
    By no means is it Mayberry ,but its nice and relaxing.
    sorry for such a long post.

7. Likes okie, GW208, Waterdog, Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always let people know that they are in a gun free zone, like concerts, schools, govt buildings, local establishments (even my Fidelity Office in south Reno has a sign on the door). It lets them know they are at the mercy of anyone carrying a firearm and wishes to do harm. Seems they need to change things around a little........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Just wanted to add that I was fully expecting to be stopped and at least questioned about ammo and fire arms, especially right after the Gilroy shooting.
    That is surprising. Here's the way I see it. No gun restrictions will ever do anything except appease the idiots. In order to stop gun crimes you would have to remove all guns and the ability to manufacture them from everyone in the entire world including the military's. If there is even one remaining some criminal will find it and use it.

Ignoring the laws of the land is what criminals do and when governments ignore the laws of the land it makes them less important and mindsets change. People who previously would never consider using a gun against another person now are less fearful of the consequences. Sure, theres other factors but the contributors are there and they should not be.

Yes, I carry concealed and I'm authorized to do that. I shouldn't have to feel like I need to but I do. I'm pro second amendment and fight to protect it every way I can. Not just for myself but for everyone. You'll never read about me senselessly taking a life because it goes against everything I stand for.

10. Likes Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went through the AG station on I80 near Truckee today and they just waved me through. I didn't even have to stop.

I've never seen a canine officer working either...except on TV.
    Just wanted to add that I was fully expecting to be stopped and at least questioned about ammo and fire arms, especially right after the Gilroy shooting.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday looking for non lead ammo for my 300 Win Mag but they didn't have what I wanted. 150 grain for deer hunting. They did have some 180 grain for 57.99 for a box of 20....ouch! Makes for an expensive sighting in, unless the ballistics are close.

They did have some Federal .22 mag 50 grain jacketed hollow points which I did purchase. They are usually out of these so I buy a box or two when they have them.

No hassles.
    Last edited by hooks; 08-01-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes reverb. I thought is sounded so “cool”. I remember the first one I bought I screwed up the wiring when I installed it. I turned it on and white smoke started pouring out and it caught fire. I yanked it out and threw it out the car window. When I finally got one installed correctly I remember cruising the “strip” with all the windows down and loud surf music playing in full reverb, damn i was cool or so I thought.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Don't forget the reverb....And fender skirts and continental kits.
    Sound over sound, and sound with sound, 16 track Ampex recorders, Zenith TV in color, Acoustic Research Speakers, etc etc etc...….Jetspray

18. Likes Waterdog liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast