Thread: Bass Lake help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass Lake help

Lots of good information already provided by others. Bass fishing can also be very good this time of the year in 10-25’ of water. Lots of people cast plastics from the shore and do well. Panfish are another great option.

For trout and kokanee, unless the boat you rent has downriggers, forget about fishing for them. They will be down at 30-60’ right now in the no wake zone by the dam. Plus, even if you did have downrigers or an expert with lead core, venturing into unfamiliar areas outside the dam area could lead to lost gear: lots of trees throughout the lake that are about 30’ down right now.

Enjoy, have fun and try to stay cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Hay...........

Little , taste good from a fry pan, also............

Have fun, stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    Thanks guys. Sounds like it will be pan fish for the weekend. At least the kids will have fun. Nothing like watching kids catch fish....even if they are little!!
    +1 for the kid watching, just make sure they have safety stuff on too, (along with yourselves).....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Sounds like it will be pan fish for the weekend. At least the kids will have fun. Nothing like watching kids catch fish....even if they are little!!

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have not been there in ages, here is an article that might help. It is 3,400 ft, my back yard is 4,850 ft here in Nevada. Most likely it will be hot so carry shade on the shore if you fish there.....Jetspray

basslakeca.com/fish.html
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year, if its Trout your after, you would be better off taking the boat to Shaver or Huntington. If you don't want to do that, fish the southern end. Fawn point or Wishon point to the dam.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

8. Likes Jetspray, fish_on5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aug. Kokanee, warm water.............. means going deep for 55* water temps, if doable.
    Try the Dam area.

Catfish is a early , late thing for best action but can work from 9-5pm if in a good cove.
    Pan fish around cover, tule, wood and coves can be fun with worms, crickets or minnows if ok.
    Large East arm might have some.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Mr Ed; 07-26-2019 at 06:54 AM.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bass Lake help

Heading to Bass Lake in mid August for a few days. Any tips?? I’ll be fishing from the bank but might rent a party boat for a day to take the kids out on the water. From what I read the water temps warm up to much for any trout fishing. Is that true? Looks like there is also some crappie and catfish available too. I do t think I will have the boat or gear to go for the kokes.

So any specific areas to target? We will be camping and this is my first time there.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post