Post Thanks / Like

Re: Small mouth bass

Union Valley has a crapload of smallies also, as does Prosser Creek Reservoir. Honestly they are kind of all over the place...it just depends on what environment you would prefer to fish...Delta, mountain reservoir, foothill reservoir, valley reservoir.

The north fork of the American also has a lot of smallmouth...but access is limited/difficult and they do tend to be on the small side there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whalonem View Post
    Try from the mouth of steamboat slough south on the Sacramento rivers west bank, If you don't get a hundred in several hours I'll be surprised. I didn't mention however, for every one keeper you'll catch 25 shorts. Whalonem
    Completely agree.

Steamboat, Miner’s, Sutter, Georgians and nearby north delta sloughs along with the main Sacramento River in that area has loads of them. Also agree you have to wade through lots of little guys, but there are nice fish to be had.

Very overlooked fishery in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by one more cast View Post
    Where are good places around Sacramento lodi to catch zmall mouth bass. Thanks for any information.
    Try from the mouth of steamboat slough south on the Sacramento rivers west bank, If you don't get a hundred in several hours I'll be surprised. I didn't mention however, for every one keeper you'll catch 25 shorts. Whalonem

Post Thanks / Like

Pardee is a bit far, but it hosts a good population of smallies. As does Tulloch even further south.

5. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Folsom Lake and Lake Natoma both have smallies . Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

7. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Small mouth bass

Where are good places around Sacramento lodi to catch zmall mouth bass. Thanks for any information.