Thread: Hobie 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hobie 360

The motor that came with mine weighs less than 10 lbs.
    ive read good things about peddle drive. The only con I’ve read is if the rudder or peddle drive breaks you are screwed, you are dead in the water. But Hobies are great yaks.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    PM sent

Thanks WD gonna have to check that out . That was kinda my dilemma having a motor is nice but they are heavy and not as maneuverable plus you can foul the prop . Then with the pedal its more work but they can whip around instantly to fight a big fish and the prop is just a fin that bends . Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

4. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hobie 360

Anybody have the Hobie 360 or used one lately ? These things look like a beast for a Yak . It looks like they can turn on a dime and even spin in the water . I am trying to decide on a first yak and while the old town minnkota is hands free and would be an easy ride . Everyone says Hobie is the best . I am 6'3' 240 and while both yaks would be great once they are on the water . I am having a hard time with the advantages and disadvantages of each . I am planning on putting it in the bed of my truck with a bed extender off the hitch . I also am gonna try to demo them but am looking for some insights . Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........