Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats YOUR fishing store?

Living in south San Jose. Fishermans Warehouse gets most my $$$. Although it’s a tiny store compared to the Manteca and Sac. Stores. I drive by BassPro to get there. They are around the corner from each other. So sometimes a stop in Basspro happens.
    Coyotes Bait n Tackle is good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Whats YOUR fishing store?

Fisherman's warehouse Sacramento, the bomb.

Pretty much everything you need for the delta is there, and reasonable prices.

Plus they always have some kind of seminar there, they gives you some good tips, might be a class for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Online tackle
    www.FishUSA.com

Line: izorline platinum
    www.tacklewarehouse.com

Waders:www.ochocos.com
    wading boots , whatever is On sale at Orvis, Redington skagit sticky rubber boots

bait : My backyard for European crawlers

Hooks: eagle claw Wide Gap hook 024
    www.sportsmans.com

there are a lot of sales going on now for waders and wading boots and line
    trout season is coming to an end and retailers are selling suff at half to 70% off.
    Last edited by stefanoflo; 08-21-2019 at 06:14 AM.

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Outdoor Pro Shop .

Post Thanks / Like

Fisherman's Whse in Manteca, on line is Barlow,s Tackle, some of their stuff is pricey, but they have a great selection of tails for Rockcod and Lings plus they are the only place I can find treble hooks that just slip over eyelets on my Flutter Jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Turner's is now in Northern CA. Very succinct inventory and quality manufacturers. They may not shelve what you find at every other fishing department, for business reasons that those that are familiar with retail sales know well. Rod racks are filled with top quality rods only........... no junk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPR View Post
    I stopped going into stores. Fisherman's warehouse is always is out of stock for items that are in demand during the fishing season. I got burnt so many time I just plan ahead and buy online. Tackle warehouse is good. The last store I know that keeps up with inventory is Outdoor Pro in Rohenrt park, its too far to drive but if you are passing through it dwarfs fisherman's.
    That wasn't my experience. I would have ranked them ahead of Outdoor Pro. But, I haven't been there in 4 years. It sounds like things might have gone downhill. Sorry to hear that.

My son lives in Santa Rosa, so a stop by Outdoor Pro is mandatory whenever we visit.

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped going into stores. Fisherman's warehouse is always is out of stock for items that are in demand during the fishing season. I got burnt so many time I just plan ahead and buy online. Tackle warehouse is good. The last store I know that keeps up with inventory is Outdoor Pro in Rohenrt park, its too far to drive but if you are passing through it dwarfs fisherman's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wigaard View Post
    My work travels take me all over California, and I have been in many, many shops in between sales calls and on overnights. I am mainly a trout guy, and occasionally play in the salt. Outdoor Pro Shop and Fisherman’s Warehouse (Manteca and Sacramento) are two of my favorites. I also buy a lot online from Fish USA.
    I have never been to Outdoor Pro Shop. Where is it located in Sac? I'm going to swing by this weekend! Thank you
    Last edited by FishinJeeper; 08-12-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    Captain of the Little Liberator.

Post Thanks / Like

If distance were no object, number one for me is also Fisherman's Warehouse. Unfortunately, both Sacto and Manteca are kind of far. Sportsman's Warehouse in Fairfield is closer and I like the place a lot. For on-line, I'm a big fan of FishUSA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast