Thread: algee

Post Thanks / Like

Re: algee

Man, you sound like a real expert!
    These Cyanobacteria blooms come and go VERY quickly...

oh, and thanks for implying that I was trespassing and also that I donít know what Iím talking about...blue lakeS is what the area is called, where in my post did I say I trespassed to UPPER blue, I donít even remember saying LOWER blue.. I was in the BLUE LAKES AREA, and I seen the algea in LOwER BlUE, MEADOW, and TWIN, so naturally, being that upper blue feeds all those, I would assume upper blue has it also..

you can can go ahead and let YOUR dog swim in those lakes, Iíll wait till the water temps drop and there is no more problem...;)
    Last edited by Rooftopbandit; 09-07-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny about the discussion on this subject, lots of chatter and never any definative answers. I live at Silver lake and have so for the last 28 summers. I've been on the lake every week since the snow melted and have not seen any algae yet and furthermore no signs exist like those at Red lake. Also, last week I took a drive over to Blues. Anyone that says they went to upper blue had to have trespassed by walking in from either end. At the south end is a manned guard shack and iron gate that he opens and closed for work traffic only, and lower Blue is so low that the only access is by foot and maybe by a light Yak. It would be impossible to launch a trailered boat due to the mud. And finally, no algae warning exist and I noted none floating on the surface. The only problem I noted was that the black biting flys were thick.
    Concerning Folsom lake, I spoke with the Park officials yesterday and the problem exist far up near Aulburn on the north fork. She noted that no algae has been noted on the main body. It was simply put, to be safe, Don't drink the water and you'll be fine.
    Another DFW official revealed to me that the problem started due to the high snow/rain run-off which flushed high levels of natural phosphates into the drainages which fertilized the waters and sparked and unusally high Algae growth.
    I have not heard from any officials about fish comsumption except for the signs at Red lake, and anyone thinking about fishing or eating anything from Red lake would be out of their minds, I looks like Dejon Mustard!!!!!! Let us know if any of you get info on eating fish from lakes which are not posted. Whalonem

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Red lake
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Ben along time since I was on here, so long that I forgot my username and password.
    Came on here tonight to see if people were discussing this...
    had to make a new account so I can post...

the algea(Cyanobacteria) is really bad right now.
    over the holiday weekend I hit blue lakes long with meadow and twin, and itís in all those. Went to caples and silver-Cyanobacteria. didnt even stop at Red lake because fish and game has a warning posted on their website for the whole red lake area and it was bad looking down from the road.
    now itís reported at Folsom and natoma and the American down here, killed a couple dogs already and made others sick.
    Lakes are very warm right now and not a lot of circulation.
    It happens every year but this year is really bad.
    to answer your question, the fish and game warning said not to eat the fish out of red lake right now. If you can see the bloom, donít eat the fish, thatíd be my advice.

7. Likes zipperman, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

algee

Is this green algee thing something new ? Should you not eat fish from these areas?