Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking for a new place to fish

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    JB Fishing was there today. Fished 395 bridge and mid canyon. One 2# bow. He wanted to fish the Little Walker but too much construction.

CC
    Jeff should have went thru the construction . Some nice fish under 108 bridge . Best part of the day was catching 2+ # brown mid canyon . 2nd one in 3 weeks .They have survived .No DFW plant no bueno .Water was perfect .See you on the river.Jeff

2. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PMR#9 View Post
    Nothing to brag about on 8 22 19
    JB Fishing was there today. Fished 395 bridge and mid canyon. One 2# bow. He wanted to fish the Little Walker but too much construction.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Mums the word.

CC
    Nothing to brag about on 8 22 19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burninfuel View Post
    Stampeed or better yet Jackson Meadows
    I second Jackson Meadows. My dad and I use to slay them. There is a campground you can stay at and its a beautiful place to be. I miss going up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Bad year for the How Big is Big Derby. Not one fish over 5#. Weather and high water didn't. help.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: looking for a new place to fish

"Do me a favor and don’t tel anyone about the Walker.....it’s a secret and unfortunately do to that “job” thing you speak of I can’t make it up that way for at least a few more weeks"

Too late, Bob Simms has been broadcasting that river system for the past 3 or 4 weeks because of the "How Big is Big" tournament and giving out prizes for that stuff too, along with other give away's on his show......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

9. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    Do me a favor and dont tel anyone about the Walker.....its a secret and unfortunately do to that job thing you speak of I cant make it up that way for at least a few more weeks.
    Mums the word.

CC

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well just quit the job and that will open a lot more time for fishing...haha I know I have one of those things too and really limits my ability to enjoy life. I tired sending in pictures of fish to the bill collector and they still wanted money!!

anyways for fishing. Check out Blue Lakes up that way. Red Lake and Caples has been pretty disappointing the last couple of years. If you are camping up that way check out the Carson River that flows along Hwy-88 or my favorite river up that way the Walker along 395. It is a little father but should be in great shape right now. Do me a favor and dont tel anyone about the Walker.....its a secret and unfortunately do to that job thing you speak of I cant make it up that way for at least a few more weeks.

13. Likes Captain Compassion, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just looked it up, El Dorado forest says it's closed for re-hab construction

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a cg, stayed there several times over the years, camp host's name was Martha, don't remember her husbands name, really nice people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast