Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anything Caught This Past Weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiii3oi View Post
    I've caught 11 fish this yr all either in the corner of the mouth or top of jaw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Damn, do you get to go out every day? I didn't think there were that many fish out there. LOL
    Taking off and flying is easy, it's the landings that will kill you.

Oh Yeah!...Salmon!...Everything else is just practice.

2. Likes jjb, Cali Duck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skypig View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too.
    I've been really lucky jigging (with single hooks no less) in that I snag 95% of them in the mouth, and it's interesting that most of the ones not hooked in the mouth are on the side of the base of the tail, which seems to indicate they are smacking the jig with their tail.

For those that are intentially trying to snag when jigging, I hope their boats sink.

I decided to stay home this weekend and get some chores done. Next weekend it's on!
    I've caught 11 fish this yr all either in the corner of the mouth or top of jaw.

4. Likes Spartan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    Fished Walnut Grove area 8-24. Water was 71 and saw 8-10 boats trolling but only 4-5 were working the area we were. Saw 3 caught: wife caught a fat 18.5 on our boat, my cousin got a 12 on his boat and another boat got a little 6-7lb jack. Marked maybe 2-3 salmon along with plenty of bass and small stripers, plus a few tiny bait balls on the sonar.

There are a few salmon out there. Just have to put your time in and get a little lucky.
    I was the guy in the Lund that saw your wife land the 18 lb. awesome fish. see you around. Sonar was def lit up all day

BD

6. Likes JoJo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to go with what I think is a pretty large hook, compared to the trebles I remove. I like the open eye big river hooks. Depending on the size of the jig, 5/0, 4/0, 3/0, 2/0. When they take it in their mouth, I want to insure that the hook sticks into something.
    You mind posting a pic to give some of us learn other tricks of the game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo13 View Post
    What hook and size do you use?

I tend to go with what I think is a pretty large hook, compared to the trebles I remove. I like the open eye big river hooks. Depending on the size of the jig, 5/0, 4/0, 3/0, 2/0. When they take it in their mouth, I want to insure that the hook sticks into something.

9. Likes JoJo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I saw that too.
    I've been really lucky jigging (with single hooks no less) in that I snag 95% of them in the mouth, and it's interesting that most of the ones not hooked in the mouth are on the side of the base of the tail, which seems to indicate they are smacking the jig with their tail.

For those that are intentially trying to snag when jigging, I hope their boats sink.

I decided to stay home this weekend and get some chores done. Next weekend it's on!
    What hook and size do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiii3oi View Post
    He said (snagging) with jigs here we go.... I take it never caught any on a jig

Yeah, I saw that too.

Last edited by Skypig; 08-26-2019 at 06:15 AM.

12. Likes RideNfish, JoJo13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished Walnut Grove area 8-24. Water was 71 and saw 8-10 boats trolling but only 4-5 were working the area we were. Saw 3 caught: wife caught a fat 18.5 on our boat, my cousin got a 12 on his boat and another boat got a little 6-7lb jack. Marked maybe 2-3 salmon along with plenty of bass and small stripers, plus a few tiny bait balls on the sonar.

There are a few salmon out there. Just have to put your time in and get a little lucky.

14. Likes burninfuel, Cali Duck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by honksrworkn View Post
    The Feather was slow on Wed , might have been 6 guys fishing the Outlet Wed afternoon , saw one fish roll in an 1.5hrs. Kinda strange that they are later than usual this season but that's Mother Nature .....
    The Sac imo is better than the Feather right now ... They're spread throughout the river ... If your in the right place and time you can get bit ... They're small pods of 10 /20 fish moving up river fast to get to that cold water below Woodson bridge .... Kwikfish and Roe are your best bets and they're also getting them (snagging)with jigs ...
    He said (snagging) with jigs here we go.... I take it never caught any on a jig

16. Likes dsa2780, jjb, Bankie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Warm... our finder is in the shop. (I know;
    terrible timing.). But... we all swam around noon and while it was cooler than last week, it wasn’t by very much.

TL;DR seat of the pants thermometer says low-mid 70s. 73ish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast