Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kokane rods gift

My 2 cents...I own Lamiglas and Velocities....sizes 7' to 8'. My all time fav (and i troll only , no jig rods) is the Lamiglas CGR802L Team Kokanee Jared Johnson Rod 8' CGR802L. You can see the slightest bite, but has the backbone you want also. I think its still under $100.
    Last edited by Bill Brown; 09-14-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a fan of the Okuma line of reels at least the line counter level winds for quite a while now. I use a pair of Okuma Convector CV15 for 10yrs now and the low profile Cold Water 354D reels on my koke rods which I added last year. No complaints
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

Senior Member FishItswuts4dinner's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im using an okuma Kokanee black 8ft on a okuma coldwater and im liking it so far. Goes for 70-80$ for the rod

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is do you like spin or level wind reels.

Both setups work and both have their good and bad points.

I have the yellow E/C spin rod but also have a light level line rod, that both get action.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot guys, to many to choose from, for the money the yellow ones from Walmart would allow you to get 4 for the price of 1. Thanks Whalonem

Post Thanks / Like

I have some rod's made by Duncan. He is a guide at Lake Almanor and the rods are made with a 2-8 lb blank and the guides are spiral wrapped.

They are a little over hundred a piece but they are custom made and you can choose the color or colors of threads you want the guides to be wrapped with.

https://www.macsalmanorguide.com/

Paired with the Okuma Cold Water Series reel and it's a nice rod. Good action and good flex for down riggers.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at Rocky Mountain Tackle, they have their Velocity line. I have a pair of the 7' glass rods which I use for kokanee & trout. I've caught up to 15lb lake trout with no issues. RMT also has some light graphite velocity rods and have 1 made specifically for ocean salmon which we use here in the intermountain west for the heavier lake trout fishing. They usually show up at the Sacramento ISE as its one of their main venues annually.

https://rockymountaintackle.com/product-category/jj-trolling-rod-reels/

Another good rod is Vance's Spiral wrap rods. I'm also paired with the 7' rod and have been using these for about 10yrs. They have also handle some large lake trout.

https://www.kokaneetackle.com/p-268-vances-tackle-spiral-wrap-rod.aspx
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

8. Likes soki liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
    Not that familiar with this brand, so went to the linked site. Under Rods, it says something like "coming soon". Maybe they are temporarily out of production or something.
    I believe they may be temporarily sold out, very popular right now.
    Call Richie Hight *(775) 224-2205‬ and ask him what the ETA is, they’re worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjoesmith View Post
    Paulina Peak Kokanee Rods, best rod for the money.
    https://paulinapeaktackle.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not that familiar with this brand, so went to the linked site. Under Rods, it says something like "coming soon". Maybe they are temporarily out of production or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    I bought a couple of Yellow colored Eagle Claw Featherlight Kokanee rod from Walmart for $20 each. Been trolling for Koke at Melones and works great.
    I fish for trout using the yellow Eagle Claw Featherlight Koke rod and one of those red Lamiglas Kokanee Tourney rods. I use Lexa 100LC's on both. If I had to pick just one, I would probably go with the Eagle Claw. And the price is very good. I think I paid $29 for mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast