Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bullards Bar today 8/28

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    Congrats on sticking with it and figuring out. 10 Kokanee is a quality day no matter where you are.

Advice I got on a backpacking forum once might apply for the ramp. If it’s a long hot slog up a trail, turn it into a photography session. Short steps, cool water to drink and a picture of some obscure little thing every so often. Just a thought.
    Laughing....I had a large gatoraide and zeroed in on the shade trees! It was about 12:30 when I left. Was hoping to catch someone that just loaded their boat for a ride. That was my last gatoraide out of the 3 I brought! Oh I did consume 2 PBR's!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=compaddict;1171092]I think we said hello at the ramp!
    Hello again!
    Vince, To & Renee[/Q

Yes we did!!!!! Was looking not so good so changed depth from 80/85 to 70/75. The fish were packed in large schools each maybe 40 yards long. Nothing in between. At the last hourI could only use one downrigger because mine are manual. The last 30 minutes I got hit when I set the rod in the holder. I lost so many half way in. Up comes the downrigger. Just one of those rare times we hit it right. Not the rule for me. I get skunked also. I almost moved when all the boats left but stayed and took a gamble. They were all fat except for the pre-spawn guy. 15" but very slim with a slightly hooked jaw.

How did you all do? Love the electrics you had. My next investment.

Thanks for saying hello again!

Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on sticking with it and figuring out. 10 Kokanee is a quality day no matter where you are.

Advice I got on a backpacking forum once might apply for the ramp. If it’s a long hot slog up a trail, turn it into a photography session. Short steps, cool water to drink and a picture of some obscure little thing every so often. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we said hello at the ramp!
    Hello again!
    Vince, To & Renee

Post Thanks / Like

Bullards Bar today 8/28

Well, that was confusing! I can give it up. Far west shore where both rivers come together. 7:00AM later than I wanted. Talked to a few.....80 to 85'. In the next 3 hours I had only 3. About 6 other boats not good. Listened to their talk and spoke with a few. Yep 85'. Then they all left the area.

I was marking fish at 65 to 75' so I went for broke and adjusted. NO boats around at all. 2 areas on that shore about 200 yards long each. Many pods of fish at 65 to 70'. Did not take long. Never had so many LDR's!!!!! Manual rigger so that was a pain. 4 more in 45 minutes then at the last, noon. Barly got the rod set in the holder, 1 time before, release snapped...fish on. 4 more. Then it happened. 3 fish back to back in 20 minutes. Well, that made 10. Hated to leave when they hit like that. 1 had started to change color and was slightly hook jawed. Most fish between 12 and 14". 1 fish over 15" Seldom do I see a kokanee jump but they did! Lots of eggs in the females.

A good day and that is fishing. The boats that left, I was ready to leave, maybe had good luck somewhere else. Glad I did not. But, every time I saw fish on the screen I got hit. Again, just today, 65 to 70 feet with many showing at 50'. Some at 100 but did not go there. Tomorrow probably different. Average 70' down in 150 to 200 feet of water.. Careful on the points, jumps to 90' or less with no warning.

The only negative was the long uphill walk back to my truck. The ramp was off to the left with a 30 degree bend. Thank God for shade on the walk up!!!!! That's my story today, tomorrow? Who knows.

Oh my wife says.."You smell like fish"!!!! Nothing better but time for a shower!

Love this forum!

Walt