Thread: indian names

Post Thanks / Like

Re: indian names

What about the young papoose who was just learning to walk named Falling Rocks. One day while his mother was wash cloths at the river near the base of a mountain, he wander off from the camp. The whole tribe went searching for him but never could find him.

To this date at mountainous terrains there are signs that reads, "Watch Out for Falling Rocks"
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

2. Likes CDK, Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: indian names

I live just down the street from the Washoe tribe, and most of those folks are great to me. I also like to fish Pyramid Lake, which is tribal. One thing my wife and I enjoy is getting some of their fry bread tacos form time to time and myself if I see someone in trouble from the tribe I give them a hand or money or whatever they need at the time. Last year I took home a guy who was stumbling home under the influence, a couple of days later he stopped by and wanted to give me some money for the ride home, I refused his offer but we talked for quite a while and I found out he had fought in Vietnam (I did recognize his unit there, but I myself was in Germany). Very cool......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes CDK, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes you wonder about Buffalo Hump?
    You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

6. Likes okie, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it Okie, the way I heard it was; "why do you ask, two dogs fuc*ing"?

8. Likes okie, Jetspray, GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

indian names

A little Indian boy went to one of the wise old elders of the tribe, and asked him
    "Why is it that we have unusual names, and do not have names like Bob or Bill?"

The elder explained to the young boy that an Indian couple go on their honeymoon
    and the thing that impresses them the most is the thing that they will name their
    child after. If the Squaw exits her tepee on the first morning and sees a deer that
    was frightened by her, she will name the child Running Deer. If she sees a beautiful
    bird flying high above the ground, she may name her child Eagle that Soars. If she
    sees a magnificent brown bear fishing in the stream, she may name the child Great
    Bear. Why is it that you ask, Little Broken Rubber?

be safe