Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuel Line and Controls help

Congrats on your new boat. Glad you found something you liked.

Be better to replace the throttle cables. The old ones will have a number on the cover to tell you how long they are. I would just order a new set.

Hope to see you on the water soon.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

2. Likes Jetspray, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 1/4 inch fitting size on the separator is talking about the NPT thread pitch of the barb, not the hose size. You can source barb fittings in 5/16 hose outlet that will screw into the 1/4 NPT outlets, and will flow more fuel than you’ll ever need.

Change out the shift and throttle cables, once they sit and start to gum up inside they aren’t ever going to come back to 100 percent.
    Tim Jacobs
    Sacramento Performance Marine

4. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a service recall on that silver Mercury fuel hose, get rid of all of it. The ethanol is breaking down the inner liner. The filter head pictured will work fine for your motors, you don’t need any other T fittings or shut off valves. Orient your fuel lines so that the primer bulbs hang vertically, with the arrows facing up, the check valves in the bulbs will function correctly this way.
    Tim Jacobs
    Sacramento Performance Marine

6. Likes Cyclone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Fuel Line and Controls help

My main motor is a inboard V-6 Vortec, it has a electric fuel pump hooked directly to the carb with no return line. When you turn the key to the start position the pump turns on and supplies pressurized fuel to the float bowl, that is when you turn over the motor not before. But my kicker motor is hooked directly to the fuel filter, that filter has an inlet hose and two outlets. The outlet to the kicker had a one way valve attached to the filter. Problem was that the hose leading from the fuel tank was small and set up to screen things coming to the motors. Unfortunately it was made for a 115 hp motor not a 225 hp with a kicker. One motor would starve the other and vice versa depending on what was running. Isolating the motors and putting in a larger fuel supply solved the problem and the fuel filter works just fine...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Doug, that separator has two inlets and two outlets so you could plumb to each of your motors using one inlet from your gas tank then use two outlet, one to your main and the other to your kicker. But before you screw on the filter, you'll need to fill it with gas for ease of priming your motor.

Grats on your new sled. I sold my 19' Alumaweld Stryker to upgrade to my Duckworth. You'll really enjoy your boat. Grats.

Thank you Seon. That is what I was assuming with using the separator with one inlet and two outlets. I already have two primer bulbs with the separate lines to each engine. I need to get a separator with 3/8 fittings I guess since my main motor requires 5/16.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doug, that separator has two inlets and two outlets so you could plumb to each of your motors using one inlet from your gas tank then use two outlet, one to your main and the other to your kicker. But before you screw on the filter, you'll need to fill it with gas for ease of priming your motor.

Grats on your new sled. I sold my 19' Alumaweld Stryker to upgrade to my Duckworth. You'll really enjoy your boat. Grats.
    Last edited by Seon; 09-23-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

12. Likes RideNfish, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can the fuel separator be used as the "Y" bracket to separate the main motor fuel line from the kicker? Most of these have one or two inlets and two outlets. I would use the one inlet and have the two outlets for the motors.

14. Likes Jetspray, burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you burninfuel for taking the time to take the pics! Very nice of you. That is a nice "Y" fitting. Looks like it is 5/16 - 5/16 -1/4 on the fittings. Is this correct? The water filters I have seen are all 1/4 outlets so not sure what that does to the 5/16 required line. I guess you have no problem with the one primer bulb for both engines?

Thank you Jetspray for your reply and link. As far as understanding your brass valves to the filter and removing a check valve. I really have no understanding of since I don't yet have that experience.

I know my main motor says to have 5/16 fuel line. Here is a pic of how my boat is plumbed. This was done by the dealer in 2006 (pretty sure). It is on the work order for buying the boat. These lines look the same size to me.

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also isolated the kicker and main motors by using brass valves to the fuel filter and removing the one way valve to the kicker. Picked up RPM's on the main by removing the hose inside my gas tank and replacing it with a larger chemical hose as well.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

You may have a inlet hose from your fuel cap that is bad, I have replaced mine with a high end hose from a supply store here in Carson City. You may be able to have one cut by some business close to you. Chemical hoses are better but a real pain to deal with because they are re-enforced with wires in them. As far as replacement cables this is the place I order from to do that job......Jetspray

https://www.cpperformance.com/c-100-control-cables.aspx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast