Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: How to thread a fishing line on a rod

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    Jetspray, totally know what you said. Might be some confusion since the rod the OP pic posted was not a guide less rod where the line runs through the rod. The OP pic showed someone stringing line through the hook holder between the reel and first eyelet. Even with a bait caster, great line and line conditioner, casting threaded that way would be very problematic, hence my sarcastic remark ��
    A level wind works better, the two I have cast great with the reels I use and hardly any restriction. If I use leadcore I have to put on the length I want to use and then let that out first when trolling......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to thread a fishing line on a rod

Jetspray, totally know what you said. Might be some confusion since the rod the OP pic posted was not a guide less rod where the line runs through the rod. The OP pic showed someone stringing line through the hook holder between the reel and first eyelet. Even with a bait caster, great line and line conditioner, casting threaded that way would be very problematic, hence my sarcastic remark ��
    Last edited by Snowtrout; 09-29-2019 at 10:45 AM.

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    The guy probably needs a spinning reel to make that casting rod work better

Thanks for sharing!!
    Reason why the tournament guys like them is lack of restriction of line rubbing on eyelets. If you use upper grades of line while casting and using line dressing you can increase your accuracy and distance by quite a bit. Using a thumb brake and correct tension it works wonders. Good line has no curly screw to negate the use of internal resistance....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

The guy probably needs a spinning reel to make that casting rod work better

Thanks for sharing!!

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BDuck View Post
    What are younger generations learning when going fishing? I could say I have never cast that far before. I extracted this from another forum for which it was taken from youtube? I guess next is to have operating instructions when purchasing rods.

Ahhhh. Remember that old saying about no such thing as a dumb question. Might have to rethink that one now. Lol.

8. Likes Jetspray, jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    i'm not as dumb as i thought i was.
    be safe
    Well for the most part it does work and keeps things from fouling line, especially with level wind reels....Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BDuck View Post
    What are younger generations learning when going fishing? I could say I have never cast that far before. I extracted this from another forum for which it was taken from youtube? I guess next is to have operating instructions when purchasing rods.

i'm not as dumb as i thought i was.
    be safe

11. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don I have a couple of tournament rods for trolling that are set up much the same way. They don't work too well with leadcore but it is doable in the long run....Jetspray

13. Likes BDuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This one....

Catch ya later ... hooks

15. Likes Jetspray, BDuck, jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem. I found that first eye to be useless so I cut it off. LOL
    Catch ya later ... hooks

17. Likes BDuck, Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast