Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sacramento Area 9/25/2019

went Thursday afternoon 4 pm - 7 pm.. landed 2 but seem to be lucky to do so, didnt see any other fish caught. 1 20 # & 8# male jigging.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out Sunday morning jigging at Freeport 7 to noon and managed to get one 8 lb hen at about 9:30. A lot less boats in the area than last Saturday, didn't see any other boat landing fish.

Can't catch fish on the sofa.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent Sunday afternoon trolling the Garcia Bend area for nada. Saw one caught. The cleaning station was very clean when I returned. My $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12' Western Aluminum with a 15hp 4stroke

Post Thanks / Like

It's becoming clear that this will be a down year, i don't think it will improve much so i guess it's just go and hope to be in the right place at the right time. I think small pods will continue to shoot by
    randomly but the Ocean season is about over and not any huge schools of fish left to pass by. Just my 2 cents.

I'll still be going,,,, at least until Oct 19

Post Thanks / Like

I've been skunked two Saturdays in a row. Not hits and only seen one caught this past Saturday early in the morning. I will wait to hear better news before going out there again. Very slow for this time of year. I limited out last year this exact same weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BassJack View Post
    I went back out yesterday 6 am until noon. No hits, I'd say there was about a half a fish per boat, mostly 6-8 pounders. I personally saw three caught at about 10 am when a school came through.
    Thus far these reports have been appreciated but not at all too encouraging. I'm not certain what to think about this situation. Guess I'll give it a go for the first time out this year soon. I'll post my results for the record.

Post Thanks / Like

I went back out yesterday 6 am until noon. No hits, I'd say there was about a half a fish per boat, mostly 6-8 pounders. I personally saw three caught at about 10 am when a school came through.

8. Likes Folsomtroller22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like it is dead up and down the river. Friend has been out three times this week and hasn’t had a hit. Only seen 3-4 caught....very slow for this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    Going tomorrow but it sounds dismal !!!!

Friday was the Dead Zone,,,,, 35 or so Boats,,, saw no fish but i'm sure someone must have scored. Windy too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Owlman2 View Post
    Everything you say is true, and I never fished there for exactly those reasons. I don't care personally that they closed it.

Having said that though, I don't understand why DFW didn't just enforce the law in the basin. A warden with a pair of binoculars, a couple of others to make arrests/write citations, could have brought it under control. I used to see groups of blatant snaggers there, in broad daylight, not a warden in sight. What is it, maybe three or four hundred yards from the regional DFW office? I would have thought DFW would have taken it as a matter of honor to put a stop to the violations there.
    I second that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast