Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: American River Gravel and High flows

Does anyone know if they're done moving gravel yet? Last time i went out it looked like chocolate milk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steeliesNstripers View Post
    I tell it like it is and stand up for what is right... and as such, I have reviewed my comments and must say I agree with you... I made an unnecessary dig. I apologize. Happy fishing :)
    Its all good...I’ve had my moments on here over the years so would be hypocritical of me to hold a grudge.
    :-)
    Last edited by Nor_Cal_Drifter; 10-02-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Drifter View Post
    I said Iíve SEEN you out there several times. Not really sure what your deal is or why you are trying to take a dig at me by saying I donít fish the river. Fishing isnít an ego boost for me so I donít really take offense to stuff like that. Been fishing the AR for 25 years and it holds a special place in my heart - thatís what matters to me. Iím sure you can relate. Last thing I would ever want fishing to become is a pissing match, so Iím going to take the high road here and tell you that I hope your day gets better.
    I tell it like it is and stand up for what is right... and as such, I have reviewed my comments and must say I agree with you... I made an unnecessary dig. I apologize. Happy fishing :)

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I met you ONCE near the Nimbus Hatchery... I was tossing spinners and you were walking the levee. I caught a nice chrome hen that day after you left.

Sadly, that area is now closed to fishing forever and as you and others allude to... so shall be the entire river between the the Nimbus Dam and Sunrise at some date in the not-too-distant-future...
    I said Iíve SEEN you out there several times. Not really sure what your deal is or why you are trying to take a dig at me by saying I donít fish the river. Fishing isnít an ego boost for me so I donít really take offense to stuff like that. Been fishing the AR for 25 years and it holds a special place in my heart - thatís what matters to me. Iím sure you can relate. Last thing I would ever want fishing to become is a pissing match, so Iím going to take the high road here and tell you that I hope your day gets better.
    Last edited by Nor_Cal_Drifter; 10-02-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously dude? You know better than that - I've seen you out there plenty of times. You must be having a bad day. Not being to the river in a 48 hour stretch is a far cry from not fishing it.
    Actually, I met you ONCE near the Nimbus Hatchery... I was tossing spinners and you were walking the levee. I caught a nice chrome hen that day after you left.

Sadly, that area is now closed to fishing forever and as you and others allude to... so shall be the entire river between the the Nimbus Dam and Sunrise at some date in the not-too-distant-future...
    Last edited by steeliesNstripers; 10-02-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who actually FISHES the river would know that...
    Seriously dude? You know better than that - I've seen you out there plenty of times. You must be having a bad day. Not being to the river in a 48 hour stretch is a far cry from not fishing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjb View Post
    Wow, who crapped in your cereal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those were raisins???

8. Likes steeliesNstripers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, who crapped in your cereal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtopher View Post
    The river is still at 2700 cfs. The Fair Oaks stream gauge is not giving the correct info due to backwatering at the gravel augmentation site. You can use the outflow at Natomas or look at the stage at the H Street Bridge as surrogates for now.

11. Likes Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

River went up to 7200 cfs yesterday. Still there this morning. Would be great if it was intentional (i.e. pulse flows).
    The river is still at 2700 cfs. The Fair Oaks stream gauge is not giving the correct info due to backwatering at the gravel augmentation site. You can use the outflow at Natomas or look at the stage at the H Street Bridge as surrogates for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast