Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topwater Stripers in the Bay

Quote Originally Posted by BiteArray View Post
    Has anyone had success with catching stripers in the bay from the bank on topwater? Since the world series bite is nearing, I'd like to visit some high percentage bank spots in the south bay and try topwater at dawn/dusk or night. I'm wondering what the best types of lures are for night striper topwater fishing.

I gave it a quick try tonight at a south bay spot using a classic bass Rebel Pop-R and didn't get any interest. I did spot 3-4 splashes in the water, and despite casting to those spots immediately, there were no bites. Unsure if those were big jacksmelt, sharks/rays tailing in the shallows, or stripers that simply chose to ignore my pop-r.

Any tips appreciated!
    We used to do real well top water night fishing at Ballena Bay in Alameda in the fall. Pencil Popper or 6” Rebel in shiner perch. It’s been a lot of years since I’ve been out there and I’m not sure if they still allow night access.

Post Thanks / Like

Topwater Stripers in the Bay

Has anyone had success with catching stripers in the bay from the bank on topwater? Since the world series bite is nearing, I'd like to visit some high percentage bank spots in the south bay and try topwater at dawn/dusk or night. I'm wondering what the best types of lures are for night striper topwater fishing.

I gave it a quick try tonight at a south bay spot using a classic bass Rebel Pop-R and didn't get any interest. I did spot 3-4 splashes in the water, and despite casting to those spots immediately, there were no bites. Unsure if those were big jacksmelt, sharks/rays tailing in the shallows, or stripers that simply chose to ignore my pop-r.

Any tips appreciated!
    Always Be Casting! - The mantra of an obsessive angler
    My Fishing Sites: Fishing Knots