Thread: What Happened

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Happened

Now we are getting a little tease of a couple of nice days but this is only the calm. The next storm is looming and cold calling for snow.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don - Nevada View Post
    There is an old saying: "Summer was on a Tuesday last year."
    More like ancient, even I don't remember it :D Anyway it is on point ;)
    Gun Mayhem 2 and fishing activities :)

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: What Happened

I have not looked at the Farmers Almanac yet, but from my bird migration in our backyard (7 bird feeders of 5 different types of seed) they are hitting them hard and many of the migratory one's are long gone. We may be getting a long hard winter....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

There is an old saying: "Summer was on a Tuesday last year."

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same thing out here in Meyers. I wouldn't mind an average year of precipitation after last year. We didn't get a spring our last snow was in mid June and our first was the end of September. So the real question is what happened to summer??

8. Likes SteelyMan, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What Happened

to fall? We got the colors but didn't get to enjoy fall temps here in Utah this year, summer tuned into fall only for about 4-5days. Using AC up to the lighting up of the furnace the next in back to back days. We had a couple of storms that didn't do much of anything except bring in wind and cold temps. Our mountains have seen the white stuff little by little mainly on the peaks. Went out on the lake a couple of days ago and it was bitterly cold where I should be able to change into lighter clothes as big red shows its face coming over the mountain top. Other fishermen reported a skiff of ice forming on the surface. My yard trees are turning colors but hoping valley snow holds off until they shed leaves or a disaster of broken limbs is in the making. That looks like NOT with a weekend snow storm looming. All signs pointing to a very early and longer winter. Guys here gets early Christmas gifts, a snowthrower & shovel. I'm not ready to convert my lawn tractor over with the snowthower attachment as I like to mulch leaves first.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

10. Likes MKE, Jetspray liked this post