Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camanche Skunk Report

Thanks everyone. I was out a couple of weeks ago and worked pretty hard to bring two home. Caught at 40' & 50'. One was 4.8 lbs. Going out this time I knew I was going to have to work hard. Been a while since I've been skunked, or as Stickman says, got diddly. Haha

Koke Machine I appreciate the advice. Motivates me to get back out and give it another try. Besides, we need to take advantage of this sunny weather.

Take care.

PS: FYI -- I've been putting Pro Cure garlic scent to the spoons.

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Camanche Skunk Report

Quote Originally Posted by Koke Machine83 View Post
    Ldubs: Fall is the toughest time to fish for Camanche Trout. They are there, just scattered. As the water cools, they will start the journey back up to the surface. I have caught them at shallow as surface to as deep as 55'. River Channel and just keep moving around. Speedy Shiners and haul A$$. 2.9 to 3.1 GPS. They will be starting to plant soon. Winter Trouting at Camanche is a Blast... Good Luck Robbie
    Best advise Robbie, I would also add in scent ahead of the presentation using a scent holder. Sometimes a flash in the stream too like a blade will work. Gotta love those Speedy Shiners though.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes Stickman, Ldubs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
    Got skunked today. Here are the details:

Zero, zip, zilch, nada, crappola, nothing, naught, goose-eggs, not a thing,

I LOVE your list of ways to say "skunked." When my oldest daughter (now married with three kids) was in grade school we used to make a game out of how many different ways we could report a 0 fish day to my wife. All I can think of to add to your list right now is "diddly" and "that's a big negatory, good buddy!" Well done. And may I add a sincere thank you for your post because it happens to all of us, and it seems to take a bit of the sting off when a fellow angler reports a skunk. Additionally, if you hadn't posted your report, we may not have gotten the coaching from Robbie ( Coke Machine83) on how to fish the tough pre-turnover Comanche bite, and the hope for great shallow trout action that comes when winter really sets in on that lake. Great job, everyone. Group hug! (Too far? Yeah I'm gonna go now...)

Post Thanks / Like

Ldubs: Fall is the toughest time to fish for Camanche Trout. They are there, just scattered. As the water cools, they will start the journey back up to the surface. I have caught them at shallow as surface to as deep as 55'. River Channel and just keep moving around. Speedy Shiners and haul A$$. 2.9 to 3.1 GPS. They will be starting to plant soon. Winter Trouting at Camanche is a Blast... Good Luck Robbie

Post Thanks / Like

Camanche Skunk Report

Got skunked today. Here are the details:

Zero, zip, zilch, nada, crappola, nothing, naught, goose-eggs, not a thing,