Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stripers MIA!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stripers MIA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi_Kama View Post
    We gave it a 2.5 hour effort last night absolutely stunning conditions but no love. Found a big school in the same spot both Saturday and last night - huge school with hundreds of fish in 25' of water. We dropped everything we had on them not single bite. They were so thick I could feel them bumping into my line! Kinda frustrating but hopefully soon they will be in a more positive way in the coming weeks.
    Thanks for sharing!

Got to love fall in the delta! It makes up for all those windy day’s in spring and summer!! Wow lock jaw!! Good to hear some fish are around, I have not marked and big schools yet myself. I wonder if fish move into the system and need some time to acclimate any thoughts?

just have to keep after them!

Post Thanks / Like

Some improvement for us today. Deep swirls on topwater baits early fired us up but it was tough otherwise - MIA. One final stop before we put the boat on the trailer and we got paid:

Nice fish!

I'm guessing you weren't expecting to catch anything that big. You had the "baby striper do do do dodo" net.
    Taking off and flying is easy, it's the landings that will kill you.

Oh Yeah!...Salmon!...Everything else is just practice.

Post Thanks / Like

We gave it a 2.5 hour effort last night absolutely stunning conditions but no love. Found a big school in the same spot both Saturday and last night - huge school with hundreds of fish in 25' of water. We dropped everything we had on them not single bite. They were so thick I could feel them bumping into my line! Kinda frustrating but hopefully soon they will be in a more positive way in the coming weeks.
    HKSLAYS MULTIMEDIA FISHING

4. Likes cdub, radoncraft liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRon View Post
    Doesn't sound promising. Fished all day for a single fish in Mildred last Monday on a bluegill.

We have an annual Veterans Day trip planned for this coming Monday. We usually troll but will soak bait as a backup. Any thoughts as to whether the Sac (Decker, West Bank, Sherman) or San Joaquin (Eddo's, Antioch Bridge) would be the most likely area to hook up? Also not opposed to going up to the Cache Slough area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow up to the above: My brother-in-law and I had a very nice Veteran's Day on the water yesterday. The weather was great and there were quite a few boats out. We tried several areas - trolled the west bank and soaked bait at the power lines, Sherman area, Broad Slough, and behind Decker. We caught several undersized on bait (both liver and sardines) but unfortuantely did not catch any keepers. My brother-in-law doesn't fish much and was happy for the action even though they were small. Most other anglers we talked to reported similar. I know another who fished the San Joaquin side with shad and also only got shakers. Thank you to Cdub for making some suggestions.

6. Likes cdub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

imagejpeg_0(6).jpg

This was 2 weeks prior in SPB. They ought to be making their way into the inner delta soon.

8. Likes Hamachi_Kama, cdub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

20191109_172904.jpg

They're still on the way..this was from Benicia area 11/9/19
    Last edited by WhopperStopper; 11-11-2019 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typo

10. Likes cdub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cdub View Post
    Awesome fish!! Thanks for sharing, ill be out there next week. Just have to keep after them!
    Thats the ticket - you have to keep at them.

We all want our good fortune to prevail. I was so dejected from a better, yet unproductive day, but I thought, "just try one more spot." Worked out this time but how many times has the same thing been done without result? A lot, thats how many!

Every one has "their day" if they stick with it. The adage, "luck is where preparation and opportunity collide," is the only meaningful factor, outside of conditions and abundance of fish, or lack thereof. All told it was very nice to put a friend on a nice one, but it's not changed much out there. Six hours for a few green fish says it all. However, we did have good swirls in the AM and even those have been absent as of late. I will take all the positives and cook em up for another day of optimist stew this afternoon. :)

12. Likes Minnow Muncher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some improvement for us today. Deep swirls on topwater baits early fired us up but it was tough otherwise - MIA. One final stop before we put the boat on the trailer and we got paid:

Awesome fish!! Thanks for sharing, ill be out there next week. Just have to keep after them!

14. Likes Minnow Muncher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

16. Likes cdub, Minnow Muncher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about this fishing game is when you have a great day it makes you want to get out there again to have another great day. And when you get skunked, it makes you want to go right back out and have a great day.

18. Likes cdub liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast